Thread: Looking to get my first goose with help

Looking to get my first goose with help

I'm a first year hunter for starters 28 years old, father of the two best kids in the world a married to an unbelievable wife. I have done alot of reading on this awesome site and have also done a fair bit of scouting on public land. I do not have permission on any private land but plan on putting in the leg work and handing out home brew wine with chocolates to get in good graces I am very interested in waterfowl and so far have gone out on opening day and managed to bag myself a Mallard and a Teal. Super happy. I dont mind hunting public land for ducks but so far I don't see me getting any geese on public land. So I'm looking for someones help. Maybe you have private land or maybe someone could point me in a rough direction. I hope I'm not asking alot. I have a pretty good shot, chest waders, 6 shell goose decoys, 8 Mallard floaters, mojo wind decoy and a whole lot of appreciation for any help. I can bring wine as a thank you as well as coffee, donuts, beer. Thanks for any help and my mailbox is open
    Last edited by marco604; 10-23-2014 at 07:00 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Looking to get my first goose with help

Hi Marco,

I have built a blind good for both ducks and geese. It is on the pitt river, it is about 1 km from the bridge, heading North, we have always let anyone use it. First come first serve, but share if there is room. If it is full move about 200 yards south there is another small bay that you can hunt.

To to get there take the old Dewdney trunk road turn left at Hopcotts meats and follow it to the gate of the Pitt Meadows Marina. Park there and walk south down the dike about 700 meters can't miss it right at the waters edge.

Good of luck and shot straight.

cheers

^^^^Very generous offer, good karma heading your way, well done!! K

Thank you so much Hellfish. I truly appreciate your help and now I may be able to get my first goose as long as I shoot straight.

there should be birds in the air tomorrow if that hurricane hit's like they say.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I did some reading and so far if I'm not mistaken. The legal hunting days are wednesday saturday and sunday and all the red area on the fraser valley hunting map is closed to shooting. But now is the area closed to shooting towards shore and as long as your off the dyke its ok. Or is the are closed to shooting all together. @Hellfish Hunter the area you speak of is in the red area