Thread: Who Makes a Great Crossbow String?

Who Makes a Great Crossbow String?

Need a new string fror my crossbow... who makes a great string? 32" string with teardrop loops for a 175 pound draw weight compound bow.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Who Makes a Great Crossbow String?

Well I couldn't wait for your suggestions so went ahead and ordered one from World's Best today. I'll let you know what I think of it after it arrives and have a few shots on it.

Good choice, I got a string from them for my compound. Fit well and good quality.

Just saw this thread. I have 3 custom strings for my Excalibur made by Boo Strings in Ontario. Probably one of the best string makers anywhere. His reputation is above excellent. Performance and durability is amazing. Not sure if he makes strings for other bows than Excalibur,but, he definitely is at the top for any Excalibur owner..

Winnerschoicestrings.com

So far my World's Best string works great, and came exactly as ordered. Canadian Company. Cheers

Thumbs up Re: Who Makes a Great Crossbow String?

Quote Originally Posted by abbyfireguy View Post
    Just saw this thread. I have 3 custom strings for my Excalibur made by Boo Strings in Ontario. Probably one of the best string makers anywhere. His reputation is above excellent. Performance and durability is amazing. Not sure if he makes strings for other bows than Excalibur,but, he definitely is at the top for any Excalibur owner..
    Don (Boo) is Absolutely The Best when it comes down to producing Performance Strings for Excalibur bows.
    All three of the Excaliburs I've owned have sported his products - For a Reason!

On my latest bow, the Matrix 380 which is understood to be a "Powerhouse" of a bow, I installed one of Boo's strings before it was ever fired. Although I still have the factory string, the bow has never been shot with it.
    Quieted the bow a fair bit (whiskers), and even with all that Power, the first string lasted well over 750 shots before showing any signs of serving wear. Impressive!

I am now on the second string I had ordered back when I got the bow, with yet a third in reserve.
    Likely close to a "Lifetime Supply"
    Especially so when Boo offers to re-serve any of his strings as required.

Don't think he creates strings for compounds, but perhaps worth an ask...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me