Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He has returned

Re: He has returned

When you get in there in the rut, walk slowly, no more than 2-3 steps before 3-4sec pause. Keep scanning and check your backtrail. When you get into a good area with sign in it, you can do a short calling sequence. If you see no sign, don't call. Obviously the deer don't like that area, and will be more suspicious of calls coming from it. You want to call from where they would not be alarmed to hear a deer vocalizing from. Try a calling sequence, wait stone still for 15 min, try one more, then wait another 10 min, then move on.

We also use the can call anytime we break a loud branch. Just tip it once to make it sound like a deer did that, wait, then move on.

We use mouthblown grunt calls and doe bleat "can calls". The sequence on them is usually 1-2 low grunts, wait a few seconds and then tip the can call several times, and then give two shorter, louder grunts right after. Sounds like a Buck calling to a doe, her responding as being in heat, and then him telling her he will be right over there... Gets real bucks all worked up that someone is getting the ladies in his territory
    Get out of the Truck, Off of the trail, and Onto the tracks...

Re: He has returned

Thank you VERY much for taking the time to write that out, it is a great help. A can call and a grunt tube have been acquired we just didn't really know when or how exactly to use em. Definitely like the thought of the chance at having a buck crashing in, what a blast that would be.

Thanks again, as I am sure its obvious I am a clueless sponge. Every bit of information I can absorb is beneficial in the end! lol

Matt