Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boundary bay duck hunt question

Re: Boundary bay duck hunt question

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpulse View Post
    in England this is how they shoot during driven hunts for upland and sometimes less commonly waterfowl but straight up at 60 yards to a fluttering duck is a dead shot in my game they usually drop straight

Shooting from this

for these

Is is copletely different to shooting in BC for these....

Learn to to deecoy the birds - when you see their feet - shoot!

Honestly - it's way more fun and sporting than "Hail Mary's "at 60 yards!
    Last edited by Ranger95; 10-26-2014 at 09:09 AM.

I have a Browning Gold 10, it's sole purpose in life is late season honkers when the 'kevlar' builds up. Still shoot it like my 12 but for late season birds it works better. However if you think it will hit harder at long range than a 20 using the same shell you are very wrong. If you don't have the patience or skill to get birds into the 30 yd mark then perhaps long range gong banging with a 280AI or some other such rifle is more in your wheel house.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I personally agree with "Foxton Gundogs". I have little patience for the intentional 'sky busters', especially
    those that sit just beyond more ethical hunters and try to get birds before others. When I used to hunt
    areas where 'sky busters' were common such as around Pitt Lake and the Harrison I would take my dog
    along the shoreline and often he would track down wounded birds far from the shooting action. I've also
    picked up birds from the middle of the Fraser that had glided hundreds of yards from inland shooting areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger95 View Post
    Shooting from this

for these

Is is copletely different to shooting in BC for these....

Learn to to deecoy the birds - when you see their feet - shoot!

Honestly - it's way more fun and sporting than "Hail Mary's "at 60 yards!
    My Da was a Game Keeper and Kennel Master for a number of estates in GB. Over there they do driven duck shoots much the same as they do the driven upland shoots with the birds being driven down the slough and the shooters standing on a bridge pass shooting. They believe it unsportsman like to shoot low flying birds and most of the shots are what we would consider sky busting. It was my job as a youth to take our Spaniels and clean up down stream after the shoot. The number of wounded birds the dead and dying would sicken any true sportsman. The entire staff of the estate would eat like kings after the clean up. Learn your distance learn to decoy, Hail Marys are for pentance not waterfowl shooting. And no, a bigger bore will not give you greater distance.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!