Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boundary bay duck hunt question

Boundary bay duck hunt question

Question to anyone who hunts boundary bay for ducks, what are the rules? I have the Fraser valley special regs for the area I understand them it just seems to easy, I can drive 5 min from my house and there are tons of ducks I can shoot? I'm going to call the Richmond gun club Monday and speak to someone and call a CO, jusT seems to easy that I can go there park and start shooting ducks, as long as I'm far enough from roads etc etc and not shooting at the bird watchers or shooting at the highway I should be good? Anyone feel free to comment on here with some knowledge of the area

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Boundary bay duck hunt question

boundary bay is in Surrey/Delta not Richmond so not sure why you'd call the Richmond club?
    Last edited by LupieHunter; 10-18-2014 at 06:38 PM.

I was going call the Richmond club because they are in the same Fraser valley special regs and thought maybe they could shed a little light on my questions, maybe they are duck hunters

Anyways just scouted it and found parking and a sign that said hunting season so I am guessing I can hunt on the other side of the signs that say boundary wmu are the small signs that say that the boundary? Once across the line as long as I'm not shooting across or down the trail where people walk, there were a few people there, I figure I, pretty good, once I get my special license Monday by end of next week should have some ducks down, good potential for limits

My dad sits on delta's hunting committee and should know the details about hunting boundary bay. Send him a message, his username is marsh hawk

make sure you are are on the delta side of the bay. limits probably won't be as easy as it appears. good luck though

Thanks for the help everyone

Not so easy if ethics are involved. Walked the dike today with the trouble and strife and probably looked like a couple of birders, which is somewhat true. I was looking at a few hunters through my binos out of interest. Two of them looked at me "often" in a why are you watching me kind of way which is okay in an insecure sort of way. I was watching because they were shooting at ducks overhead that required AA to bring them down. I shoot the odd duck

do u even need decoys there?sounds like walk out shoot 8 ducks then home for the afternoon.

Ya there were ducks around for sure, and where there is something to hunt I'm there, will be out there lots very soon, lots of opportunity for variety over the whole season

Quote Originally Posted by Steelpulse View Post
    Question to anyone who hunts boundary bay for ducks, what are the rules? I have the Fraser valley special regs for the area I understand them it just seems to easy, I can drive 5 min from my house and there are tons of ducks I can shoot? I'm going to call the Richmond gun club Monday and speak to someone and call a CO, jusT seems to easy that I can go there park and start shooting ducks, as long as I'm far enough from roads etc etc and not shooting at the bird watchers or shooting at the highway I should be good? Anyone feel free to comment on here with some knowledge of the area
    You complaining ? About how easy it is? It should be like this everywhere