Thread: I finally found them but now got a new question

Question I finally found them but now got a new question

I started hunting last season but was never able to get onto the deer, lots of signs of deer but no actual deer. Well, I went out to a new area this weekend and finally found them and a few to boot. In three hours I came across three different herds of whitey does with a total of 12 does, saw no bucks though. It was such a good feeling to finally get to see some. It is whitey anterless in my area, so I tried to harvest one. Had her in my crosshairs but she would not turn broadside for me. I think she heard me but hadn't seen me yet. It was a standoff of a couple minutes, felt forever, and then I made a movement to try and readjust my position, needless to say all I saw was the white tail waving see ya later.

My question is that now that I have finally spotted them how likely are they to be in that area again? The time I was up there and saw the three herds was between 8:30 am and say 11:00am. Any info greatly appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I finally found them but now got a new question

there's no reason for them to not be there again.
    there isn't even any snow yet, and even then, they aren't going to vamoose just because of the white stuff.
    find the does, the bucks will come around eventually.

my experience is that you can set your watch to whitetails. If you see them at that time of day, return there the next day at the same time and they will be there again. This is how it worked this year, last year and the year before.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

WT especially does are likely to be seen in the same general area everyday unless they are pushed too hard

same general area
    note the key word here
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

One thing I like about some of my whitetail spots around Kamloops is once I first spotted them years ago they have been in the same general area every year since,,,,rain,,,,sun,,,,,spring and fall,,,,,I will never take anymore than 1 whitetail from an area just to ensure good hunting in the future and not to cause to much commotion to shake them out of the area
    Aim small,,miss small