Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adams river area grouse?

Adams river area grouse?

Heading to adams river next week to watch the spawning sockeyes,i haven`t got a grouse yet so i was wondering if there is any good grouse hunting around that area (dont mind a 30-45)Min drive.My guess would be between chase and kamloops.Suggestions?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Adams river area grouse?

Sent you a pm. Did you get it?

I'd say anywhere around there eating clover and red berries.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    Sent you a pm. Did you get it?
    Yes ,thanks

there's a good fsr just down the road a ways from the salmon viewing area.

Let me put it to you this way. They won't be hanging around sticking their necks out to get shot. Those that survived the early season onslaught are fully aware of what reduced a significant number of their family members and do not just land in the nearest tree. No siree, they make for the back 40. Bunnies have cottoned on too.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Plenty of grouse in the area, but it would appear that the wolves have moved in and wiped out most of the deer & moose populations. Very disappointing hunt last week both on and off road.
    It's only when you see a mosquito land on your testicles that you realize there are other ways to deal with problems than violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddy View Post
    Plenty of grouse in the area, but it would appear that the wolves have moved in and wiped out most of the deer & moose populations. Very disappointing hunt last week both on and off road.
    And where were you hunting, 3-27; 3-36 or 3-37?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Phreddy was referring to region 3-37, we were up at north east end of Adams. Pretty tough hunting for anything other than grouse. To answer the OPs question, The area around Pritchard and north towards Pinantan should be pretty good for grouse. Saw lots during summer visits up there.
    april fool in waiting

Quote Originally Posted by martyonthewater View Post
    Phreddy was referring to region 3-37, we were up at north east end of Adams. Pretty tough hunting for anything other than grouse. To answer the OPs question, The area around Pritchard and north towards Pinantan should be pretty good for grouse. Saw lots during summer visits up there.
    I was just up in the Morrisey Lake/sun peaks area. Saw a few Ruffies down low and lots of Blues/Spruce at higher elevation.
    Dislexic's everywhere! Untie!!

Member,
    Mission Rod and
    Gun Club.