Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My duck boat

Re: My duck boat

Good looking boat. My bud and I built one a few years ago. A lot of satisfaction doing it yourself. Nice job.

Ron
    Quail is the virgin
    Duck is the mature woman
    .....Iron Chef

Did you buy that boat in North Vancouver? If so, I have spent many days in that boat. Lots of ducks been hauled home in that bad boy!

Quote Originally Posted by therise View Post
    Did you buy that boat in North Vancouver? If so, I have spent many days in that boat. Lots of ducks been hauled home in that bad boy!
    Yep

Thanks for the guidance on the stencil. I built one and camouflaged my boat today. Looks good.

sweet . gives me inspiration to redo my old Mirro Craft

I spent some time this summer to construct a duck blind on my boat. First I built a base support. I used an 8" piece of angle aluminum 1"x 1" , measured and cut pieces for desired length for the bow and transom, next, cut a portion of the angle bracket to allow for flush mounting

Next you will want to cut 2 pieces, roughly 3" in length. File down the edges and corner, drill holes for the bimini mounts and mount small brackets onto cross-boat support bracket. I used stainless steel screws.

Mount both transom' and bow's brackets onto the boat using stainless bolts

Nest I secured the bimini mounts. All bimini rod ends and slide on used were 7/8" diameter, which I bought in the marine store.

Next I had to construct the frame for my blind. I used 4 of 3/4" x 10ft EMT pipes. Bent them at a 90 degree and jointed together using EMT coplers. Placed the bent pieces into bemini rod end.

Raise the frame, drill the holes across two pipes and place the pin in holes

Next I bent and installed the mid back section to allow the blind material to not drape into boat. I used 4 camo lines to connect the upper and back sections:

Next I had to build a ladder for my dog, so he could climb into the boat after retrieves without a man's assistance. I used two 1/2" pieces of EMT pipes and bent them like follow:

Bent and mounted the support mounts which used as steps also:

And mounted the rest of the steps:

The final pictures of the fully constructed blind will follow shortly ...

Final touch:

Last edited by Discoverer; 09-13-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Awesome boat/blind! Lookin forward to pics of it on the water and with some birds on the deck. Nice build
    "I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six"