Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2 Year Old Lab Limping

Re: 2 Year Old Lab Limping

http://www.akcchf.org/news-events/ne...-in-early.html

I found this interesting:
    No occurrence of CCL disease was observed in intact male or intact female dogs, or in late-neutered females. In early-neutered dogs, the incidence of CCL was 5.1 percent in males and 7.7 percent in females, suggesting that neutering prior to sexual maturity significantly increases a dog’s risk of developing CCL disease.
    We had our boy fixed at 14 months because he decided to start marking on my parents couch. But, if I had to do it again, I would be keeping him intact.

Re: 2 Year Old Lab Limping

It's been 8 days of strict rest and 5 days taking the pills and Chester now seems to be doing ALOT better. I will be seeing the vet again in another week and will hopefully get the go ahead to start a bit more controlled exercise than the 4-5, 5 minute walks per day. It is definetly hard though as he just wants to play and is always waiting at the door when the wife goes for a jog or I get my hunting gear ready. That is an interesting read on the early fixing of dogs. I will definetly be waiting with the next one.