Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burns lake

Burns lake

So I've just recently joined a group of buddies that are heading to the southern Francois lake area around burns lake. We will be there for the duration of any bul moose from the 20-26th. I have never been close to this area, furthest I've ever hunted would be revelatoke. Just was wanting some feed back from those who have hunted around there and what to expect. Definitely looking forward to it and hopefully can seal the deal, thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Burns lake

Usually rain sleet and bad weather, but that's moose huntin lol. So your heading to the south side? Across the ferry? I don't hunt over there anymore, so happy to help you out if that's the direction your going. Cheers

Just returned from there but we hunted on the north side of the Hwy along Babine LK , filled all three of our LEH tags and bagged two big black bears seen 4 other bulls and several cows as well, wish we had more LEH's , Nothing to write home about on the antlers but lots of good meat in the freezer , There is a good meat cutter in Topley , just west of Burns , they cut our meat for .55 cents cut and wrapped and did an excellent job. Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks for the reply, I have only ever shot immy bulls so I am game for anything size. This is a 100% fill the freezer type of hunt for all going. How is it for deer up there? Will be there for a couple days of any buck as well. Just gotta get some meat down, haven't shot a ungulate in 5 years. Too busy making babies and buying a house of my own. Time to get back down to business

Get ready for a complete GONG SHOW it is crazy busy with hunters during the general open, a total shit show!

Yeah I've also heard that from a few people...... Gonna have to put some miles under the boots to be successful I think

I went there last year. Not sure if I'm going to go again yet.

A dozen bulls were shot on the roads the first day. Lots of traffic. Lots of wolf sign too where I was.

If you're lucky, you're lucky. I was lucky the last day.

Did not see any deer , the area we hunt is not known as a good deer area ,but lots of bears they are everywhere, and I agree with the others on this post its a gong show during the GOS season , you have to get off the roads and hike in a bit to find the game or as we do use a boat to get down the lake where there is no acess by road.

Yes get deer tags! Wt and mulie. It only a gong show if you don't know where to hunt. Pm'd you

Also, the butcher lady in topley does amazing work as machinist stated, at a great price. I used her last season, and will definitely be using her again.