Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burns lake

Re: Burns lake

go fraser lake forest rd to 59 km,cross river and lake 500 rd to right. it joins up to ferry at burns. good hunting and prepare to walk when you see deactivations. look on google if your going burns lake way. dont miss the turnoff to the south side

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfl View Post
    go fraser lake forest rd to 59 km,cross river and lake 500 rd to right. it joins up to ferry at burns. good hunting and prepare to walk when you see deactivations. look on google if your going burns lake way. dont miss the turnoff to the south side
    That is not 6-05 though

We drew two Bull Tags for 6-06 , so will be in there Sept 12 to 24 , use different tactics on the early season as they tend to hang around the water where its cooler for them also first light in the morning or until last light in the evening seems to work best at that time of the season during the day when it's warm out it's pretty slow , we have never had problems filling our tags on the early season.
    We have been using the meat cutter at Toply they do a good job and close drive from our Moose Camp .
    Area 6-05 Take the Augier Main FSR north off Hwy 16 then take the CO-OP Lake road east off the Augier , some good places to camp in there , we have taken many moose off CO-OP Lake
    Last edited by Machinist; 06-29-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    We drew two Bull Tags for 6-06 , so will be in there Sept 12 to 24 , use different tactics on the early season as they tend to hang around the water where its cooler for them also first light in the morning or until last light in the evening seems to work best at that time of the season during the day when it's warm out it's pretty slow , we have never had problems filling our tags on the early season.
    We have been using the meat cutter at Toply they do a good job and close drive from our Moose Camp .
    Area 6-05 Take the Augier Main FSR north off Hwy 16 then take the CO-OP Lake road east off the Augier , some good places to camp in there , we have taken many moose off CO-OP Lake
    Thanks Machinist, great info.
    Can you PM me (or post it here) the contact info for the meat cutter?

Thanks.

Barret. aka Bazza

Bazza you might want to look under the butcher thread, he is probably listed there, if not if and when you get the info add it to the thread, good luck on your season
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Don’t use the butcher on the south side very poor quality work. I used him once because I did not have time and it reminded me why I butcher my own

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Don’t use the butcher on the south side very poor quality work. I used him once because I did not have time and it reminded me why I butcher my own
    X2!! I made the mistake once, Iv heard horror stories about their shop’s cleanliness. Iv been using the sausage factory in Smithers the past couple years, a little more $$, but they do an amazing job, and have catered to guys, “in a pinch” for a cooler or butchering.

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    X2!! I made the mistake once, Iv heard horror stories about their shop’s cleanliness. Iv been using the sausage factory in Smithers the past couple years, a little more $$, but they do an amazing job, and have catered to guys, “in a pinch” for a cooler or butchering.
    Definitely a mistake you only make once

I get my sausage done at the sausage factory and can say they do a great job as well. I have not used their butcher service so I have no input there

Reccomend DLM meats in Houston. Awesome job great quality and service.