Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burns lake

Re: Burns lake

We went up there one year to cross OOTSA for our moose hunt... pretty rugged country on the other side and we were not successful. We did a fair bit of exploring on the north side of OOTSA south of Francois, pretty country saw lots of bears not a whole lot of everything else... however the fishing in OOTSA lake was pretty wild and the rainbows get pretty big up there.. I could see how that area could get busy for the open...
    mike

Thanks for all the replys guys! Looking forward to this hunt, first real experience going north. Will be sure to post story and pics when I get back.

There some great mule deer in the area if you find the pockets. Definitely get a MD tag and hunt some south facing slopes.

My great grandfather helped settle Ootsa Lake and was a game guide there for much of his life, so was my grandfather. I still have a lot of family up that way. Ive been doing the 6 day hunt for moose up there for many years. Like others have said, expect to be running into a lot of other hunters.

That's pretty cool drache. I have been given some good info about the area and I am definitely not one to hunt from a machine. Will be a cool experience being my first time up north. Best of luck to yah as well

See you up there if you see a burgundy jeep wave me down for a bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Also, the butcher lady in topley does amazing work as machinist stated, at a great price. I used her last season, and will definitely be using her again.
    I hear you'll be using her sooner than later ...patiently waiting
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    I hear you'll be using her sooner than later ...patiently waiting
    Haha, I'll do a wright up. By far the hardest hunt of my life....... ;p haha

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    Haha, I'll do a wright up. By far the hardest hunt of my life....... ;p haha
    Hey Decker,
    I drew Sept 10-24 Bull Moose this year in 6-5. I have never hunted up north and am looking for any and all advice and if lucky can I get the meat cutters contact info? Thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bazza View Post
    Hey Decker,
    I drew Sept 10-24 Bull Moose this year in 6-5. I have never hunted up north and am looking for any and all advice and if lucky can I get the meat cutters contact info? Thanks everyone.
    Eh bazza, you bet, I’ll fire some info to you this weekend here!! A good area you’ve got, the early season is a bit tougher to hunt, but I’ll fill you in on what I know. Cheers!