Thread: Where are all the ducks

Where are all the ducks

Hi everyone,my son and I have been down to Boundery Bay the last few days off the end of 112th,so far we have brought home two crabtrap floats and a real nice decoy,where are all the ducks? two morning hunts and one in the evening, I'm new to the duck scene and would welcome any input,Thank you

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where are all the ducks

I hunt up near Pitt Lake and have seen quite a few most times out this year (it's only open to shooting saturday, sunday and wednesday). Lots of birds on the fraser up past mission too (my dad was there friday).
    I haven't hunted around boundry bay since the late 70's, if I remember correctly the tide and wind plays a large part in where and when to find the birds around there.
    I would gladly help you out but I'm pretty booked up with people to go for the next month (but I had no one for this sunday as my buddy scored a pair of tickets for the Lions game and canceled on me).
    Let me know if you are interested in coming out this way (Pitt River), I have a spot that can be walked into that I am probably not going to use much this year and I'll see if I can get you to it. You'll need hip waders at least and a few decoys.
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Hi Dano ,sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I would really like to take a look at that with you, how do we hook up?

Sent you a private message.
    Dan
    Buddi doing what she does best!

Over the years I've had good luck in boundary bay. The key is to hunt on the high tide with as many deeks as you can. I find that the more wind the better. I don't even go if it's bright and sunny. Good luck and maybe we'll meet up down there one day.
    Lt