Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calamity of Errors

Re: Calamity of Errors

I've hit a few bull-holes in the pastures and have done some damage. You don't see them skimming through a foot of snow @ 50mph

Smashed a front bumper a few years ago.

Last year hit so hard it knocked the front end out of alignment. Had to turn half a turn left to go straight. This started fooling the steering wheel position sensor and had all sort of bells ringing. Ate a tire off on the drive home.

It's a Ford, no wonder it took 5 hours. LOL . Been there done that and moved on!!

Welcome to my world. When it rains boy, she frickin pours!

If you want a series of unfortunate events, look up my Gong Show Goats post from last year, I feel your pain!
    KCCO

Going up an old logging road with my old truck. Stopped to look at something. Started to leave and had no power. Front tie rod fell off. No one could pass. The tow truck came. He got a flat tire. The guy that bought up a new tire. Well he was drinking and bought the wrong tire up. We broke down at 10am and got out at 1am. It was a total cluster f.

About 5 years ago turned left just before spuzzum up that access road as in the 90"s before the logging was crazy got 2 nice 3 points out of there,so stopped for a leak went over to the side by a stump looked up and there was 7 ft of green eyed cat looking back, and he wasn't running but i was sure pissing, long jump to the cab ,but he sauntered off haven't been back and thankful I had # 2d BEFORE I left that morning uncle was with me he laughed all the way home ...

-as previously stated, alot of the track freshness must be determined by what the weather has been..alot of time you see a nice print of a dew claw and think it's a buck, though I've seen big does leave dew claw impressions..
    -never tried the rabbit in distress call, but have heard that in the fall when the bears have stored a good quantity of fats and energy from the berry season, it can be effective, though you have to really be ready to blast..

Past crappy bush luck: last year, Sept 29, saw a nice 4 point each side muley with a nice spread, put a stalk on him, got to within 60 yards, but he wouldn't give me a shooting lane..the next morning I head up to try and see if he'll be back, and I roll my SUV on the highway by hitting a bridge that was icy in the early morning.. unscathed at a 100 clicks an hour though so I'll count my blessings..

I buy a new SUV 2 weeks later ready to finally go hunting again, get waay up in the middle of nowhere, and my fuel pump dies....lol took all day to get ahold of my buddy and get towed..