Thread: western turkey

western turkey

Hey my brothers just getting into hunting. He's mostly thinking about turkey s right now and I told him I'd ask the experts since I'm about and green as it gets (my first season) besides him. I'm wondering how far west Turkey's come?I was thinking if they come close enough I'd give him a hand scouting on some over night trips when I'm not busy looking for deer. I understand okanogan near winerys is the main area? But do they come farther west like princton or cathedral park. ?or northern toward cache creek or higher. Is there any good books/articles about bc turkey . Should he even attempt a fall tukry. He'd greatly appreciate any help and I'll be sure to make him join and ask himself next time.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: western turkey

If you herd anything let me know as I'm new at this time. I'm going cranbrook for opening, if there is someone I could tag along with, or more likely talk with.

Wow, drive from maple ridge to Cranbrook for an off chance at a turkey....
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

Ya I'm all in so when I say I'm looking for any help I mean it

And I am hitting north of castlegar 4-15. Not shre y I said cranbrook.

Rock Creek is closer
    try there

Ya I'm seeing that a lot of guys are going there Cristina lake as well so I am trying to stay out of the heavyer hunted places. I have a place to set camp just up from castlegar. I'm out from 15th to 19th I'm hoping I can go for a coffee (beer) with someone willing to give me tips or tricks to hunt Turkey. I am looking at some areas on my way just in case I find a good spot. Being a new hunter, or should I say a late to start hunter, I'm eager to learn but know how to keep my mouth shut. I have got some how to hunt them but trying to find out the types of terrain they like is harder. I guess that comes with experience. Thanks for the info that you guys have shared.