Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 degrees C

Re: 20 degrees C

We ended up downing one saturday night then hung it overnight as it was cool. Took it to a local butcher to hang in cooler the next morning so we didnt hav eto take any chances. We were only 20 minutes away from the butcher so it wasn't really out of the way. Glad we did it so we didnt have to worry about it as we kept hunting. I know this is not always an option.

that's another reason why I prefer the late season.
    no bugs, no worries about the heat, dragging is easier, snow helps with the clean-up.
    and best of all, you know if the deer are there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
    that's another reason why I prefer the late season.
    no bugs, no worries about the heat, dragging is easier, snow helps with the clean-up.
    and best of all, you know if the deer are there or not.
    All true. Snow makes tracking easy. It's more difficult (for me) to tell if a track is fresh... having to think about whether the track could have been made in that ground texture, or did it require more moisture... is it sharp and well defined or is it eroded... is there loose debris like pine needles or pebbles in it that couldn't have been there when the track was made, etc. Snow is a little more obvious. Too bad my experience and comfort driving in the snow is comparable to your average lower mainlander. Snow keeps caddisguy local. I have some decent AT's but no chains. Just two sissy cables which I believe if I put on I would have to stay 2wd which would probably be worse. Can't imagine heading down those narrow slanted switch-backs if they were caked with snow. It's like an 800M drop down.