Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ATV ignorance

ATV ignorance

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find a straightforward answer. What are the CURRENT regulations on using an ATV on FSRs? Do you need insurance? Do you need to register the atv? Again sorry if this is a repeat ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: ATV ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by Essential View Post
    Ok, I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find a straightforward answer. What are the CURRENT regulations on using an ATV on FSRs? Do you need insurance? Do you need to register the atv? Again sorry if this is a repeat ?
    On a FSR - Yes, %100 you need liability insurance. Not sure about the registration yet. You will need to do it, just not sure if it's been implemented yet
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Thanks r106! Any idea about my 13yr old son on his quad?

Quote Originally Posted by Essential View Post
    Thanks r106! Any idea about my 13yr old son on his quad?
    No go on that. Must be 16 years old or older to operate an ATV
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Pretty sure if you plead ignorance you'll get away with any of the new requirements, for now anyways as there's always quite a bit of leniency when new laws come out and this one is not one that most would even know of.
    Leave the gun, grab the cannoli's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleep Robber View Post
    Pretty sure if you plead ignorance you'll get away with any of the new requirements, for now anyways as there's always quite a bit of leniency when new laws come out and this one is not one that most would even know of.
    I tend to agree. But the insurance would be hard to plead ignorance too as they have been enforcing it for a couple years. From my understanding they had a lot of leniency when that came in

I herd November this year all atv must be plated.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

yes you need insurance .If you are a member of the BCWF you are insured. must carry your card for proof of.
    The authorities are enforcing this .A friend was stopped in 100 mile house area .his quad was taken away and he had to go into town to pay the fine and get it back.
    as for registration not yet required.
    Happy trails and enjoy

So none of the new regulations have come in yet? Still no need for registration or more importantly helmets?
    Someone told my buddy that the helmet law has been implemented already and has been wearing one all season (until I shame him into taking it off) , I have been rolling the dice? Hard to plead ignorance when we are out together.

IMHO hunting and helmets don't mix.

no hunting and helmets don't mix but they do keep your ears warm.
    cheers