Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Point Bull Elk

Five Point Bull Elk

A five point bull elk appears to have been shot and left in a cut block. We have to make sure before we shoot. It is possible it could have been a predator but the location strongly suggests it was human error, 50 yds inside the cut block and not very far from the landing. The CO.s have been notified. The scavengers have pretty much cleaned it up.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Five Point Bull Elk

This is really too bad. Does anyone know what the typical penalty is for something like this if it is self reported? And is the penalty different if a person is found to be guilty through sources and investigation?

Ah man terrible news.. Do you know which region this happened in?

Quote Originally Posted by JIL_24/7 View Post
    This is really too bad. Does anyone know what the typical penalty is for something like this if it is self reported? And is the penalty different if a person is found to be guilty through sources and investigation?
    Those who self-report a mistake are dealt with much, much differently from those who leave game to rot and run and hide.

There's a section in the regs that explains what to do if a mistake is made.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

I know a fellow who shot at a immi moose that turned out to be a cow quite a few yrs back. He had spotted and ID'd a legal immy that disappeared then reappeared so he thought, but the reappearance was a cow who's head was hidden from view. He was questioned very extensively a couple of times and I believe the end result was no LEH moose for a year or something very similar. Its the right thing to do and the smart thing to do even for those that don't care about doing the right thing.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Agree, it's the right thing to do.

Like any other violation, comes down to the investigation conducted by the CO the inident is reported to. Each case will be based off its own set of circumstances.
    Last edited by Ron.C; 09-24-2014 at 01:19 PM.

Both my son and I were discussing, as we looked at what was left of the animal, what we would do if either one of us made a mistake and both of us agreed that we would be a true sportsman and report the mistake to the authorities. Granted some scavengers got a free ride on the roller coaster but it truly is a waste. This took place in 8-09 and there are not enough elk in this area to have this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    Both my son and I were discussing, as we looked at what was left of the animal, what we would do if either one of us made a mistake and both of us agreed that we would be a true sportsman and report the mistake to the authorities. Granted some scavengers got a free ride on the roller coaster but it truly is a waste. This took place in 8-09 and there are not enough elk in this area to have this happen.
    lots of 5 points in region 8-09 very little 6 points tho, sad to see this happen again

Quote Originally Posted by .300WSMImpact! View Post
    lots of 5 points in region 8-09 very little 6 points tho, sad to see this happen again
    The result of too many years of 6 point only season.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher-Dude View Post
    The result of too many years of 6 point only season.
    cant disagree, but is a 3 point season sustainable, I would say no with the pressure, but who am I