Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: BC government Google Earth land use data file

Re: BC government Google Earth land use data file

I still don't get the overlay when selecting the private ownership option on the openmaps .kml since downloading the latest version. Need to go the land survey bits. Found a more user friendly .kml at, of all places, front counter BC service. Check it out. Front Counter BC Discovery Tool. Page includes a video tutorial, pdf instructions & link to download the .kml (Launch Discovery Tool).

http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/mapping/

Very helpful and informative video. Thanks for taking the time to make this!!

I seem to have misplaced my Google Earth FSR plugin, and I cannot seem to find the plugin that would show pending fsr, new fsr, retired fsr. I have the new bc database plugin as in this thread but I cant find FSR in that one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

I don't have my computer open, but off the top of my head, it's 'licenses and permits.' In the government IMAP standalone version you can change the labels to show the retirement date of the cut, but I'm not sure if you can get that in Google earth

Ya, the Google Earth file worked so well that the government decided to screw it up royally. The old, original file still works for forestry roads and cut blocks but not for property borders any more.

Try this link and see how you make out. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1R...ENoYndIZzZDcWM

As mentioned above, the roads and cut blocks are under Licenses and Permits.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Thanks for the tips on where to look on that new file. I had been going category by category and I just must have missed seeing it there. Already found some new goodies in my area that I cant wait to check out!
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Hey Slinky Pickle,

Thanks for spending the time to rig up the instructional video, it was a massive help. I took some time off from google earth but now I'm having issues viewing the private/ crown property borders (under "integrated cadastral fabric"). I downloaded the new file you posted here but it didn't solve my problem.

I'm just looking to clarify that this is no longer available to anyone anymore and I'm not the only one goofing this up. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Lumberjack View Post
    Hey Slinky Pickle,

Thanks for spending the time to rig up the instructional video, it was a massive help. I took some time off from google earth but now I'm having issues viewing the private/ crown property borders (under "integrated cadastral fabric"). I downloaded the new file you posted here but it didn't solve my problem.

I'm just looking to clarify that this is no longer available to anyone anymore and I'm not the only one goofing this up. Thanks again!
    If you go to this site and click the "Launch Discovery Tool" button it should download a KML file for you. When you open that in Google Earth it should work.

http://www.frontcounterbc.gov.bc.ca/mapping/
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Great info, Sure helps me out being to the Island

if anyone could recommend some areas to hunt that would be appreciated as well

Just to revive an old thread. I was hoping someone would be willing to help me out here, I'm trying to find a Google Earth overlay that show FSR's and cutblocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
    I don't have my computer open, but off the top of my head, it's 'licenses and permits.' In the government IMAP standalone version you can change the labels to show the retirement date of the cut, but I'm not sure if you can get that in Google earth

I can't seem to find a 'licenses and permits' tab in the Google Earth Discovery tool. It is there on the iMaps site though.

Is there an overlay for Google Earth that shows cutblocks and FSR's or do I need to use iMap for that?

TIA