Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: BC government Google Earth land use data file

Re: BC government Google Earth land use data file

thanks but .........
    Noted an error 6:20 Game Management Zones are not the same as Wildlife Management Units, further down the list

that download from Front Counter BC looks kind of funky, will have to wade through to see how to use it.
    Last edited by boxhitch; 05-04-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by boxhitch View Post
    thanks but .........
    Noted an error 6:20 Game Management Zones are not the same as Wildlife Management Units, further down the list.
    You're absolutely right, I missed that.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

no prob. You can just have the narration fixed for GMZ's

no prob. You can just have the narration fixed for GMZ's
    Unfortunately I don't thing there is an easy way to do it (with this video) because Youtube makes it insanely difficult to modify a video after the fact. You used to be able to add a caption with a note about a mistake but they don't even allow that any more. The only way is to make a new video and anywhere this one is referenced would have to be updated. I think I'll just let it ride.
    then
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

yeah good enough
    maybe I'll delete my post, no one else will notice I bet

yeah good enough
    maybe I'll delete my post, no one else will notice I bet
    dude, I live for these types of posts! I used that last KMl file in huntbuddy, I use it religiously!
    Cheers
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Thank you Slinky Pickle..truly enjoyed your video, your effort and undestanding of these maps..thank you for taking the time and effort to bring us along.
    Srupp

I just had to a wipe and re-install on my laptop and now when I add these plugins back they do not have all the options they used to. If I go back on my old krusty trusty laptop it still has the old plugins with all the options I am looking for but the new downloads have very little information in them for some reason. I have even tried moving the files from my good setup to this new one and still crap. Not sure if anybody else is noticing this frustration. I still have no idea why my old laptop has more data than the new one with the same data files.

I have even copied my entire google earth app data folder from PC to PC and the plugins still behave the same. I am working on a screen shot to show what is up.

Second update now my old PC's plugins are behaving the exact same way. I am guessing there was an update? on the government end of things. I cant see bush roads, cut blocks nothing anymore.
    Last edited by Elkaholic; 06-05-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Second update now my old PC's plugins are behaving the exact same way. I am guessing there was an update? on the government end of things. I cant see bush roads, cut blocks nothing anymore.
    I'm seeing the same thing. It used to be great, then they fixed it and it was good. Now they've fixed it again and it's worthless! Gotta love progress.

Thanks for the info. I use an OpenStreetMap application called JOSM for this. It allows you to load all of the Gov't data as WMS layers, which load much faster and smoother than the KML layers in Google Earth, and the program doesn't need much in the way of computing power to run. It doesn't have 3D terrain, but you can load the OpenCycleMap topo map to get an idea of terrain. Best part is, if something is missing in OpenStreetMap, you can just add it and it will show up within a couple days.