Thread: Pemberton Grouse?

Pemberton Grouse?

Hi,

How are the reports from around Pemberton? Is it worth the trip or better to cross into Region 3 around Lillooet?

Also, do most of you guys find grouse at the edges of roads or do you walk through the forest and try to stir them up?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pemberton Grouse?

Was there last weekend and saw 3. We didn't shoot them as the population is just starting to rebound according to my dad. Apparently the recent winters I think it was, really did a number on them the last few years.

We saw tons a few years ago in horsefly. Didn't have to hike to find them, most were just on the roads or just off to the side of them.

A few places I ran into lots during the spring. Been so busy with (shameless plug ) Whistler Shooting Adventures that I haven't been out lately.

Sure re don't see them crossing the road much as we did a few years ago. Hopefully on the rebound.

Tough to find grouse while meandering through the forest, recently deactivated roads and trails seem the best. Grouse like the transitional areas between forest and road.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!