Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: crossbow or compound bow

Re: crossbow or compound bow

Gate- A truck driver would never pretend to know anything about brain surgery, would he?

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock
    Gate- A truck driver would never pretend to know anything about brain surgery, would he?
    Nor woudl the surgeon know how to steer an 18 wheeler...

Is this the best you can come up with then?

If I tell someone that somethign should not be allowed - like a 22LR is a poor choice for moose hunting, I can back that up wiht firm information. But the best you seem to be able to come up with regarding crossbows is:

"There is less movement with a crossbow, and it's "not the same, and if you were a bowhunter, you'd know what I mean"
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Isn't that what www.google.com is there for?
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Two guys that don't bowhunt seem to be experts on the situation. Also there have been alot of moose killed with a 22. Not the best but it will work.

Gatehouse,

All I meant with my statement was simply that sometimes there is no need for defense of an opinion.

There is a post on here discussing how far guys have shot animals with rifles. I disagree with some of those distances. Do I go on that post, disrupt what is merely a discussion amongst a few good guys about something that in my opinion is unethical? No, I leave them be.

People are entitled to their own opinion. To challenge someone's opinion the way you are pushing here, doesn't always lead to the answer you are looking for. It derails what might perhaps be a good thread and leads down a path towards deragatory comments.

Once again, here we are, in my opinion, as a moderator you are bending your rules to suit you. As a moderator, should you not be open minded relatively neutral and moderate discussion? Well, that's just my opinion, it doesn't mean it's the rules here I guess.

Is this the best you can come up with then?
    Sounds more like you are calling him out behind the school.

JT

Bow Walker Guest

Why... In my opinion bows are bows, xbows are not!! I guess the biggest reason is not having to draw a xbow at the precise time a bow hunter has to draw his bow. Drawing a bow is alot of movement while pulling the trigger on xbow is very little movement. Gatehouse- I am not getting into this with you!! My opinion is my opinion is my opinion. If someone wants to use a xbow in GOS go for it.
    Onesock - yes, drawing a bow is a bit of movement at the critical moment, but so is raising and aiming a crossbow.

We don't hunt with our bows up and ready to draw and neither do x-bow hunters. IMHO the movement of both is pretty much the same so I don't think that is a valid point.

Consider this......guns whiz a projectile along at speeds in excess of 2,000 fps. X-bows, compound bows, and traditional bows achieve speeds of less than 400 fps. Who has the bigger advantage? Where do you draw the line and say that this or that type of equipment belongs in this or that category?

Pellet guns that exceed a certain fps must be licensed - I'm just not sure what that speed is right now. Not sure what pellet guns have to do with this topic, but it has to do with fps for killing (or harvesting if one prefers).

Anyway, I think that fps has more bearing on the topic than the shape of the weapon.

Bow Walker Guest

Gatehouse.........add a smiley or two to your posts if you are not intending to be confrontational. It'll help to tone down the testosterone levels that I sense are beginning to build.

Bow Walker Guest

This thread has (IMHO) run its course, not to mention that it has gotten off topic. If the posters would like to continue discussing the relative merits of X-bows they should do so in a fresh thread. It'll give us a brief cooling off time.

Thread closed.