Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foodsaver Game Saver

Foodsaver Game Saver

Does anybody own one of these?

http://www.foodsaver.ca/en_CA/vacuum...L0300-033.html

I've gone through four other Foodsavers over the years. Wondering if this model is any better. They were on sale for $99 yesterday at a local store that starts with C and ends with o.
    Resident Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    To post pics on HBC:

1- sign up for a free account at www.photobucket.com
    2- upload your pics to your album on photobucket
    3- click on the pic you want to post on hbc
    4- copy and paste the IMG code (bottom of 4 choices) into your thread on HBC
    5- thank the Coach

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Foodsaver Game Saver

I own one. I dont have anything to compare it to but it is okay... i wouldnt rush to buy another though.

I have been using food saver for years. I still have the original still works.I own three not high end they workgrate Just got back from hunting Dawson area, vacuumed pack all meat ,chiken, steak, cabbage rolls. kept everything great for 2 weeks even after thawed out and kept on ice and if you live on the mainland you can get jolly bags from www.stuffers.com precut 6x12 8x12 and 10x14 best price around. once you vacuum meat or fish and freeze I have kept them up to 2 years not on perpose

Food sealer king has the best prices for bags. They also ship for free. They are in Surrey.
    Last edited by ruger#1; 09-18-2014 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Does anybody own one of these?

http://www.foodsaver.ca/en_CA/vacuum...L0300-033.html

I've gone through four other Foodsavers over the years. Wondering if this model is any better. They were on sale for $99 yesterday at a local store that starts with C and ends with o.
    I'm not sure it's any different than the other models. The only thing I can see is that it can be operated on 12v DC.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

I bought this one this past summer for sockeye season. Works great with no issues yet. Doubt I would ever vacuum pack something in my truck so didn't bother to spend the extra cash.
    http://www.foodsaver.ca/en_CA/vacuum...3.html#start=7
    Kill Em And Grill Em

I purchased the other one at that store that was more money. It did not function so I returned it the next day and bought the 99 one.
    It works, but I have not really tested it yet. My buddy has one and says it seals better and faster than the original one I had years ago.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

I have a FoodSaver Pro Sport Vac 1500. For parts. The 1/16 Sealer wire is broken. Pump works okay. Or free to someone. I picked up a FoodSaver V3460, It has a 1/8th heat sealing wire. I sealed an empty pop can with it. It crushed the can very well. I picked it up at Value Village for $9.98. The 1500 I paid almost $300.

Hmmm currently dealing on a comercial unit..These 99 dollar toys put your hard work and amazing game meat at peril.the Cabelas top end units in Canada are merely stainless housings on 100 dollar units.
    The item you want to google is CHAMBER sealers...I have spent 6 months contacting fishing resorts...comercial applications...why spend 500 for 18 months?
    Im sold on th Ary Vacmaster 215..oiled motor..for long life...bags are 10x cheaper for these units get good 4ml..the entire bag goes into the chamber...45 secons later done 99.7 % air removed..10x 15 inch chamber plus 7 ? Depth...does soups, no fluids sucked out...continuos duty...50 bags hr..couple of us looking at splitting one...sharing...the bags alone will save you money...fish can last for years...not thst that is the idea...but fast effecient reliable vacuum sealing that allows game meat or bulk buys or sealing items up waterproof for backpack....etc..
    Have the best deal at $1029...shipping is flat $9...in Canada...hm may even pack some for friends...a little cost for the bags...hmmm
    Does anyone have contact for the bags...best price so far in parks ville...
    Any questions.....
    Cheers
    Steven

Had a Foodsaver for years, always worked "ok" but not great. I have a Weston 2300 on the way.