Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question For Moose Hunters

Re: Question For Moose Hunters

Immatures - they are there! In fact I have seen 3 in region 8 in the last 6 days!! I have even guided guys who were just thilled to shoot one! They come in the same way the big bulls do - well maybe not quite - but if you dont have a draw and you want to hunt moose, hunt the immatures the same way you do the big bulls - well, just cow call - dont be the dominant bull and make darn sure of that tine count!! Good luck!
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Co-workers had two bull draws in region 6 last year. They shot the first two legal animals they saw. You guessed it. Two two pointers!

Lived in PG seven years now and only seen one immy and I missed.Totally unprepared aarrgghh!

First of all, you have to understand the word "hunt".
    try to find someone or something by searching carefully
    The likely odds of finding a spike/fork horn are absolutely nil unless you get out and start searching carefully.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

No such thing. They don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Have taken 3 in the last 3 years.

that is exactly what a co told me like hunting unicorns and he also told me 65% of immy are more than two points anyway so you are actually hunting for 35% of those unicorns
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckzilla View Post
    Like finding a unicorn, they are out there....

Last one I shot was when I had an any bull leh. Funny how often thats the case.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

a buddy and I saw one in a clear cut at 75 yards starin at us in the middle Of a season perfect 2x2 ... stood there for 30-45 seconds then mozyd off and I am kicking myself because I didn't have a tag!

A few years ago when this immature moose restriction started I saw them frequently, and was successful, but I had to do my homework and scout for them early. One of the local CO's explained to me that they estimate that immature moose make up less than 15% of the total moose population, so for every 10 moose you see you'd be lucky to see 1 and a half little guys. I see a lot more big bulls these days - I just don't get lucky with the LEH's. Last year I was out the 1st week of Oct in one of my moosy spots just looking around and wouldn't you know one walked out in front of me, I followed him for a bit when he walked right past a big 3 pt muley - I forgot all about the moose. I would say that I put in an average of 2 -3 ( 8 hr. ) days scouting to find one 2 pt moose . Find a location with food, cover and fresh moose crap and you're well on your way. Hunting is just a combination of luck and skill, if you have one of these you need less of the other.