Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question For Moose Hunters

Re: Question For Moose Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Fred1 View Post
    Immatures - they are there! In fact I have seen 3 in region 8 in the last 6 days!! I have even guided guys who were just thilled to shoot one! They come in the same way the big bulls do - well maybe not quite - but if you dont have a draw and you want to hunt moose, hunt the immatures the same way you do the big bulls - well, just cow call - dont be the dominant bull and make darn sure of that tine count!! Good luck!
    Question is, will calling still work come the Nov 1st to 15th season??

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Question is, will calling still work come the Nov 1st to 15th season??
    An un-breed cow would be entering her second estrus about then so there would be a good chance that calling would still work.
    Black bears should be denned by then. But a grizzly will be in the hunt for some late season lard before he is off for a short nap. Be aware when calling.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

We walked into two bulls chasing a cow last year right around Oct. 15. First was a mid-size bull, second was an immature. Overall I think I've seen three immatures over the last 10 years.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey