Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canada Geese

Re: Canada Geese

I have 4 aging in the fridge. These recipes seem good.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    I have saved the livers and made pate' it was great
    Im a liver man and enjoy making pate' moose deer any liver. Growing up my mom used to make peri peri chicken livers.I can only guess goose liver would be similar.

Pound the hell out of the breasts with meat hammer, then marinade in cup and half of cheap red wine, teaspoon of salt, pepper to taste, and 1/4 cup of sugar or maple syrup in fridge. Rinse, wrap in bacon, and bake with slices of orange (peaches, berries, whatever fruit that happens to be fresh and available) and mushrooms. I like them served over wild rice with new carrots, and a slice of apple. Awesome! Lets go get some!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Peri Peri? How the hell would you taste anything else? (for a week?) LOL
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Deep fried, jerky and sausage. If you have never tried deep fried goose, add it to you're bucket list ! Its similar to a very moist roast beef.

This is way off topic, but, with all the dam geese tearing our parks lawns to pieces, and god help you if you live on a lake, you'll spend the whole summer cleaning up goose crap every morning with the amount of geese flying around the last number of years! So, why doesn't someone trap and butcher these bloody birds and give them out at the food banks??? Give them to the homeless shelters, feed them to the needy??? There becoming a dam problem in most area's, so take a thousand or so a year and feed the people that need it!

Our newest method of cooking them is to cut the breasts into thin strips and do Korean BBQ with them. You can find a marinade recipe on the internet.
    Soak for a day or two then cook for a few minutes on each side with your grill as hot as you can get it.
    If you know a butcher marinating and smoking whole birds as if they were hams is a real treat.
    We also do schnitzel but split the breasts in half to make them thinner before we pound them.
    Have also made goose liver pate' which turned out excellent.
    Also made dirty rice using liver and hearts and gizzards. Worked O.K. but gizzards form older birds should probably be ground.
    Enjoy!
    Feras consumere nati

How about Pulled goose?

Ron
    Quail is the virgin
    Duck is the mature woman
    .....Iron Chef

Cut out breasts, pound, cut into thiner strips - marinate in teriyaki sauce for 12-18 hours - roll goose up with bacon strips, add skewer to hold together , BBQ, feast!!
    Last edited by Ranger95; 09-20-2014 at 05:51 AM.

How about Pulled goose?

Done that too. Works best with the leg meat. Slow cook then pull and mix with B.B.Q. sauce.
    Can be frozen then reheat in frying pan and add a little fresh B.B.Q. sauce to freshen up.
    Feras consumere nati