Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBBC WT Hunt and Dinner

Smile TBBC WT Hunt and Dinner

The late archery hunt north of Rock Creek offers a quality outdoor expierence . Bowhunters are allowed one WT buck and one WT doe . If one is lucky with the snow and cold weather in conjunction with the rut the action can be amazing.
    The TBBC(traditional bowhunters of BC) gather at the Rendell Ck Ranch and include a pot luck dinner as part of the hunt. The MENU can be viewed at www.kics.bc.ca/tbbc .
    All bowhunters are welcome to attend this dinner , Just ph Ken at 604 824 1493 as space is limited.

2. Site Sponsor

Thumbs up Re: TBBC WT Hunt and Dinner

Grey,

Looking forward to it. One of the only real bowhunting experiences one can enjoy in this province.

The turkey, Crab, Shrimp, Oyster..... dinner I enjoyed last year established the event as a true classic. Inviting the ranchers along to the event provides all of hunting with some very necessary public relations with the private land owner.

JT

Re: TBBC WT Hunt and Dinner

Hey Greybark what are the dates, it may be to late for this year but perhaps next year.
    Todd

Todd, the dates are basically the Late Season archery whitetail hunt for the Management unit. Some guys are up there around the 25th and many stay until the 10th.

A good many guys stay at Rendell Cr Ranch. Accomodation for $65 per cabin per night. 5, 6 or 7 guys in a cabin and the cost is pretty reasonable. Full shower facilities, stoves etc. Great spot.

We have a wind up dinner on the Saturday night. (this year the 4th) The dinner is an amazing pot luck. We invite many of the ranchers in the area, have door prizes, an auction, and prizes for the best hunting story.

It's a great time, great people, great food, great hunting.

Hope to see you there some time.
    JT

Hey Nails , There are 8 - 10 bowhunters coming to this event from the Island . You would be in good company . You and your cohorts would be most wlelome .

REMEMBER-- Keep Your Fingertab On --

thanks guys for the offer, getting time of work for us right now is next to impossible. However next year could be a possiblity. Our group of guys have done late trips to Texada in past for the bow only. I think this trip would be something to look at for sure. Is the hunting area big enough to accomadate such a large group of bowhunters? I am not familar with this area. Hunting whitetails sounds pretty good.
    Todd

Nails this does sound like fun ! I know many of the guys from here have been itching to get off the island . I wouldn't miss this 1 .

Hey Nails , There is lots of area. Roughly the size Texada and WT can be found just about everywhere.

REMEMBER; --Keep Your Fingertab On --

Thanks Greybark.
    Todd

Todd
    We should get together
    I have hunted the area a bit and know of some good areas