Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hunt Buddy BC

Re: Hunt Buddy BC

Quote Originally Posted by kush View Post
    If you reformat your phone or get a new phone, can you just download the app again for free?
    On Android yes, and any device registered to you on the play store.

Quote Originally Posted by reach View Post
    The iPad does make a good mapping platform (nice big screen) but if it's not the cellular model, then it doesn't have a GPS receiver. You'd have to use an external receiver or else you wouldn't be able to get a location fix when away from WiFi. And WiFi location is not very accurate of course.

At this point I think you'd be better off looking for a separate mapping app for Android. Here's a thread with some good looking options: Offline GPS apps for Android? I don't have personal experience with any of them to recommend one.
    I was up in the "elkwoods" scouting a couple weeks back and of course...no cell service....I used the "BAD ELF" gps for Iphone and it worked great. This software is incredible. Reminded me of the chartplotter days on the ocean when I used same configuration (different software & hardware) to plot my where abouts on detailed maps. And +1 on a feature that shows private vs. public land would be awesome !!

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonmaster View Post
    Being from Victoria, I would like to see exactly where private land stops and crown land begins. Any way these boundaries can be seen using this app?
    If you check out this post on the website, it has details and a video on how to configure custom map sources in the app if you have the mapping package. One of the sample URLs is for the private land layers from the BC online cadastre. You can tweak the LAYERS part of the URL to include different classifications of land ownership if the ones included aren't quite to your liking.

Behind the tree...I'm waving...can you see me?

What do the purple dotted lines on the maps signify?

Quote Originally Posted by bwerb View Post
    What do the purple dotted lines on the maps signify?
    Recreation trails... May or may not be there, ie over grown or blocked from blowdown...

You can re-download as long as you don't switch platforms (ie. doesn't work going from android to iphone or vice versa)...

if i do switch from android to iphone, which i`m doing tomorrow, , i`ll have to repurchase the app?

Quote Originally Posted by ian745 View Post
    if i do switch from android to iphone, which i`m doing tomorrow, , i`ll have to repurchase the app?
    Yes you will have to re-purchase.

ah damnit, that sucks, ahwll, worth it though

Reach, is there any update on when the Android version might get upgraded to catch up with the iOS version? I love the product but I'm moderately jealous of the iGuys.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.