Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: woods or outbound sleeping bag

woods or outbound sleeping bag

what are your thoughts on these brands. im looking at a -40c or-45c sleeping bag. i just purchased a woods -30c bag on the weekend and i just took it out of the bag for the first time and the zipper is broken so i have to take it back. so now im leaning toward the outbound toaster series bags

2. Site Sponsor

Re: woods or outbound sleeping bag

I have a woods heavy brown canvas type exterior with a fleece/flanel type inside with fishing print on it I think.
    I believe it is a 5lb bag and wide, super warm and I look forward to sleeping in it every year at some sort of base camp. Cdn tire, under $200 6-7 yrs ago.
    I think there is one called a woods 5 start which is a fair bit more $. Came in a dark green zip up duffel type carry bag with handles.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Picked up a -40 toaster series from costco for $150.used it for late season wall tent hunts a couple times now,for the price super comfy.

^^^ I have the same one (Toaster 9000?) I got from Costco a few years back. It's pretty warm though I actually think my old MEC -12 rated down mummy bag might be a bit warmer since it fits tighter around your head. The Toaster one is HUGE though so there's no contest when it comes to room to move around. It was fine in the wall tent down to -25 or so anyway (stove going most of the time of course). For car camping it's good.

I ordered the outbound outfitter xl bag. Its the same as the toaster 10000. Payed $202

I have the bag blacktailstalker referred to. Woods 5 star arctic outfitter -45. Heavy canvas outer, fleece liner, down fill. Can be found for around $400 nowadays if you look hard, some places list them for twice that. Have slept in mine at -36 bison hunting wearing nothing but tighty whities and was toasty warm. Great bag!
    Twist and pull.

Well I looked and both outbound and woods are now owned by the infinity sports group which I think is crappy tire

Same Stuff different tag, Infinity Sports owns/produces them both. Wholesale sells a ton of infinity product.

I've had a Chinook "The Beast" Sleeping bag for the last 3 years, rated at -45 and the best sleeps of my life happen when I'm in that bad boy.

What liners do u recommend

Quote Originally Posted by mikeboehm View Post
    What liners do u recommend
    Still using my Pioneer Yukon down bag with a snap out "wool liner"
    I hope it lasts forever.. Nothing better on the market I'm thinking...