Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Grouse yet?

Re: Any Grouse yet?

meh, iPhone autocorrect, it's close enough... good thing hbc is big on grammar and spell check lol

Drove all the way up Chehalis FSR and didn't see a single grouse! Any tips on areas to go for a rip? I am heading up to Pemberton this next week for work and have the day to do some hunting before work that night....areas I should check out? I am thinking heading up any of the FSRs enroute through Squamish? Or keep heading up to Pemby and head down those roads? Tips? Suggestions?

I saw a bunch of Region 2 grouse yesterday around Hope/Chilliwack. Unfortunately I only had a 30-06. Missed out on some geese too. I really need a 12ga with a barrel that's legal for hunting and the gf can take care of any long shots with the 06.

Got a few this morning. The H&H 20 guage single shot got a workout!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter1488 View Post
    Drove all the way up Chehalis FSR and didn't see a single grouse! Any tips on areas to go for a rip? I am heading up to Pemberton this next week for work and have the day to do some hunting before work that night....areas I should check out? I am thinking heading up any of the FSRs enroute through Squamish? Or keep heading up to Pemby and head down those roads? Tips? Suggestions?
    It's too wet and too many hunters for grouse in region 2. I've seen only 1 in 10 years.
    Chehalis is the wettest place on earth.
    I would go somewhere where it's dry with spruce forest.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Got 4 ruffles this evening.

TOOOONNNSSS of grouse in region 8.

Well I'm out in Pemberton for a couple days for work and plan to take a swing on out the Hurley FSR with the .22 and .308.....hoping to come home with a couple blues!

bump this up
    LIVE 2 HUNT-HUNT 2 LIVE

yup, saw a bunch in 2 days, shot 5 passed on many. in region 3... to busy hikin my ass off, coming back from a morning hike I had a 2 point mulie 200 yards from my tent, then 2 or 3 grouse right in my camp... no 4 pointers but I did see 3 bucks in 2 days, come on any buck October.