Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good open water fishing near LML

Re: Good open water fishing near LML

Vanier is right by my house....will check tomorrow It is only parking and no cost to actually "launch".

Crabbing is mediocre.

Was glass calm at the Cap today and was fortunate to have a 30lb CHROME white spring join us on board!!! Will load a pic to photobucket tomorrow and post up.

Nice bite an hour or so on either side of the high slack this afternoon but there were fish being caught all afternoon into the evening. Springs right down in the mud and coho all thru the water column.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge789 View Post
    Your right, lots of information! It's a bit daunting when I've never done it before in regards in where to start... Definitely just gotta get out and do it. So Jamfarm you ran right down to the mouth of the fraser? Bit crazy with all the deadheads too... My trailer lights don't work right now so it may be more dangerous going through van then the fraser

How much is it to launch/park at ambleside or vanier? I've never been out that way (not much in Vancouver in general to be honest). I'm just so excited to use the boat. I might also go up to Jones this weekend or another close lake.. Can't drop traps and catch coho there though!
    Sarge, yes I went down the Fraser past Steveston on a low tide, on the low theres a gap in the breakwater on the north side of the river so we went through there. It wasn't too bad going out but the wind kicked up a bit while I was out there so it was pretty choppy coming back in.

Today I was out with a buddy at sand heads and there was a guy out there in a 12 footer but it was dead calm out there.

The launch at Ambleside is free, there are only 5 spots right there to park vehicles and trailers otherwise you'd have to park away from the beach. I think Vanier is around 17-20$ to launch.

Hey Sarge.....as you can see this water would be just fine in your boat. As mentioned though in my PM....it is somewhat tight quarters during the week; for your first foray out I would stay away from the Cap on a weekend in September. However....there are some nice ones out! This white springer topped 30!