Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scandinavian brown bear called in.

Scandinavian brown bear called in.

For those interested I managed to call in a European brown bear to take this photo:

www.bafoto.com

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Scandinavian brown bear called in.

Great picture wow It looks huge, about the size of a grizz? Where was the pic taken ?

Thank you! It is about 750 Lbs. Not sure how big a grizzly usually is. but it was bigger than the grizzly I saw in Banff this summer for sure, but that was a female I think. It is taken in Finland.
    www.bafoto.com

What power lens were you using? You don't get that up close and personal with a regular lens without getting smacked or at least a darkness in the pants.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

That's a beautiful bear, looks very rug-ish.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

That grizzly has a very focused look on his face.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfly View Post
    Thank you! It is about 750 Lbs. Not sure how big a grizzly usually is. but it was bigger than the grizzly I saw in Banff this summer for sure, but that was a female I think. It is taken in Finland.
    What were you using to call it in?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Hi!

I used a 800mm lens on a FX camera (Nikon D4) the distance is about 20-25 yards.

It was called in with a bear cub sound on a foxpro Cs24
    www.bafoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by arcticfly View Post
    Hi!

I used a 800mm lens on a FX camera (Nikon D4) the distance is about 20-25 yards.

It was called in with a bear cub sound on a foxpro Cs24
    I think that I will check the news reports in Norway once in awhile for the name Børge Alexander Østvold. To see if he got mauled.
    I think you are pushing the envelope sucking that bear in at that distance. On the other hand, maybe the bears in Norway are like deer fawns here.
    Regardless, it is quite the photo, not easily duplicated. Especially at that short range.
    Thanks for posting it.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Hehe. It was not my intention to get it quite this close, the foxpro was not close to me so it was just curious what the camera sounds was I guess. I was behind some big rocks and he turned as soon as that photo was taken. The scandinavian bears are quite nice. Not aggressive. last 20 years 8 people has been attacked by bears in Scandinavia, none died and all attacks was during bear hunting.

It is still a big animal that you should take seriously.
    www.bafoto.com