Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Trespassing Signs on Crown Land

Re: No Trespassing Signs on Crown Land

You can view it quite easily in Google Earth.

Download this file from the BC Gov website.. http://openmaps.gov.bc.ca/kml/BCGov_Web_Map_Library.kml

Open the file from within Google Earth and then look at the legend on the left hand side. Once you expand the "Data BC Web Map Library" you should find "BC Gov Land Ownership Status WMS". Expand that deep enough and you will find "Integrated Cadastral Fabric". Expand that guy and you will find what you are looking for. Zoom in on the area you are wondering about and then wait for a few seconds while it updates that land ownership overlay for that area.

PM me if you still need help.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

If they have a grazing lease then it can be a bit different if I remember correctly, if it is fenced you can not shoot over the fence, or if there are animals around (domestic) then no hunting also. But I am getting the impression that neither of these apply?

Quote Originally Posted by two-feet View Post
    If they have a grazing lease then it can be a bit different if I remember correctly, if it is fenced you can not shoot over the fence, or if there are animals around (domestic) then no hunting also. But I am getting the impression that neither of these apply?
    that's not true.
    there's animals around everywhere out there.
    you can 100% hunt if there's cows around or not.
    and those fences are put up by our government, not the ranchers.
    there's lots of areas of crown land with basically public fences running through them.
    bottom line, just know if it's crown land or not.

Wildlife Act (Section 39) - A person is not permitted to hunt on cultivated
    land or on Crown land which is subject to a grazing lease while the land is
    occupied by livestock, without the consent of the owner, lessee or occupant of
    the land.

can't shoot if theres livestock if there is an active grazing lease. can still drive thru but can't shoot. each region has dates that the cows have to be off crown land I believe.

hunted on the other side of the ministry erected grazing lease fence lots of times, just not when cattle there. even hung ribbon line for the ministry for the fence builders back in the day.
    Last edited by junkyard_g; 09-12-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    If a tree falls in the woods....did I cut it down?

Quite a few clever slimers are posting these signs to keep other hunters out of their good spots...ignore them if the area isn't also fenced...
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Just ignore the signage ...... a trail camera will get a blurry photo of you, a dead game animal will be found in close proximity .....
    Some member here will post the blurry photo, and imply that you 'know something' about the dead game animal ....

Then we can all speculate about what you ................ _______________________ (fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Just ignore the signage ...... a trail camera will get a blurry photo of you, a dead game animal will be found in close proximity .....
    Some member here will post the blurry photo, and imply that you 'know something' about the dead game animal ....

Then we can all speculate about what you ................ _______________________ (fill in the blank)
    not a good idea to ignore the signs. We just posted or field in deroche. It is private property. To get to crown you have to walk 3 kms . We are missing 3 cows thanks to someone leaving the top gate open. And if it is our property. It is a good idea to not park in front or around the gate.we have a small gravel pit, and three dump trucks. We don't wait for tow trucks. The loader moves them fine for us. A few bad apples screwed it for some people. There is on that likes to steel and light grass fires. We will be catching up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by junkyard_g View Post
    Wildlife Act (Section 39) - A person is not permitted to hunt on cultivated
    land or on Crown land which is subject to a grazing lease while the land is
    occupied by livestock, without the consent of the owner, lessee or occupant of
    the land.

can't shoot if theres livestock if there is an active grazing lease. can still drive thru but can't shoot. each region has dates that the cows have to be off crown land I believe.

hunted on the other side of the ministry erected grazing lease fence lots of times, just not when cattle there. even hung ribbon line for the ministry for the fence builders back in the day.
    I'm guessing that a grazing lease is different than just them putting their cattle to free-range on crown land?
    why would they get a grazing lease?
    I don't see why they'd spend $$ when they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
    I'm guessing that a grazing lease is different than just them putting their cattle to free-range on crown land?
    why would they get a grazing lease?
    I don't see why they'd spend $$ when they don't have to.
    depends , how much is the lease. It could be $1. The government pays for the fencing.

Quote Originally Posted by ruger#1 View Post
    depends , how much is the lease. It could be $1. The government pays for the fencing.
    k, is a grazing lease different from the cows up there free-ranging?
    the ranch pays like $1 and change or something for each cow they put up there.
    but that's not a grazing lease.