Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody geese hunt Saskatchewan?

Re: Anybody geese hunt Saskatchewan?

Quote Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
    park the truck Half a mile at least from your decoy setup.

You can only use an electronic call with snow goose vocalizations.

We often sled the decoys into the field to avoid making tracks that point like an arrow to your setup.

There is also the option of pass shooting where the birds are coming off the roost and returning to roost.
    One place that I know, from a refuge lake, the standard technique is to stand behind the telephone poles and shoot them as they pass.
    Sorry but anyone who passhoots birds off a roost is a dickhead.

Drillbit you got it right for the most part. Find the birds, go get permission. The next morning set up in the EXACT spot or as close as you can to where you saw them in that field. But your decoys out. Grass up your blind. And slay. If you can call great, if not don't worry about it. IF you can get into a field that the birds were in the day before and set up where they were you will kill some if you are hidden..

Lorne
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 09-13-2014 at 08:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Ok, thanks boys!

Rollin out early and I'll update when I get back

Quote: "Sorry but anyone who passhoots birds off a roost is a dickhead"

I totally agree, we had about 600 birds coming from one roost everyday for two weeks until some guys pass shot them coming off. Day 2 saw 7 birds from that roost!!! K

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Sorry but anyone who passhoots birds off a roost is a dickhead.
    If you've ever seen the roosts in Sask (South Sask river) the number of birds coming off that river are in the millions at times, pass shooting that roost is nothing. Smaller roosts yes are affected, the shear number of birds that go through Sask is insane. Find a good farmer and you'll be set.

I have hunted Sask, and Manitoba, and alberta, and Ontario and Quebec thanks. I don't care if you are hunting in Iraq, shooting birds coming off or coming back into a roost is a dick head move.

Lorne
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

I'm not really understanding Lorne are you saying if a guy shoots a roost he is a dick head?

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    I have hunted Sask, and Manitoba, and alberta, and Ontario and Quebec thanks. I don't care if you are hunting in Iraq, shooting birds coming off or coming back into a roost is a dick head move.

Lorne
    I think calling people dick heads on the internet really shows the size of your manhood.....

I would happily call anyone that shot a roost a dickhead to their face, would that be sufficient?

Sure..... I'm sure it wouldn't change my personal thoughts on you and the type of man you appear to be..

Quote Originally Posted by mountainman View Post
    Sure..... I'm sure it wouldn't change my personal thoughts on you and the type of man you appear to be..

Well now my day is ruined.