Thread: Cheap 22 lr bolt or pump

Cheap 22 lr bolt or pump

Are there any cheap 22 lr rifles bolt or pump for sale localy between 80-180$ Dont mind ordering online aslong as its canada.Just looking for a cheap gun to keep in the car if i see any grouse on the way to my fishin hole.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cheap 22 lr bolt or pump

Yes you can probably find a cheap Savage or Marlin bolt action or semi for just under $200. Marlin M60 semi-auto is $160.
    But I would personally much rather have a single shot 12 or 20 ga for that purpose. Same cost. Those H&R Pardners.

Quote Originally Posted by adriaticum View Post
    Yes you can probably find a cheap Savage or Marlin bolt action or semi for just under $200. Marlin M60 semi-auto is $160.
    But I would personally much rather have a single shot 12 or 20 ga for that purpose. Same cost. Those H&R Pardners.
    I was thinking 22 lr because ive shot one before but never a shotgun i dont know what to expect im still a newb started hunting this year and im a youth.
    Any ideas on guns i could shoot would be great thanks!

I'm a fan of the .22

I've hunted grouse with a .410 and a 12ga but I really prefer the .22

Never eaten a pellet after shooting a grouse with a .22 and most of the time if I miss the head shot they give you a second opportunity. Clean miss or clean kill. I took out 4 blue's in less than a minute on opening day with my pump action Browning.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Quote Originally Posted by grouse14 View Post
    I was thinking 22 lr because ive shot one before but never a shotgun i dont know what to expect im still a newb started hunting this year and im a youth.
    Any ideas on guns i could shoot would be great thanks!

If you are driving and going fishing by yourself you are probably big enough to shoot a 20g or 410g. Maybe 12g is too big for grouse.
    If you don't have any guns and are looking for your first gun than probably 22 would be better.
    There are only a few sub $200 options for .22 that you can buy new.
    You may have to go for a used one and check a few on the Buy and sell here often. Guys are selling lots through here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Rafiki View Post
    I'm a fan of the .22

I've hunted grouse with a .410 and a 12ga but I really prefer the .22

Never eaten a pellet after shooting a grouse with a .22 and most of the time if I miss the head shot they give you a second opportunity. Clean miss or clean kill. I took out 4 blue's in less than a minute on opening day with my pump action Browning.
    Sure, I'll probably take my BL-22 on it's maiden voyage this weekend.
    Too nice of a gun to actually use it

hey grouse14, I've got a mossberg 702 plinkster in 22lr. semi auto with 10 rd magazine. has a bushnell 3x9 scope with butler creek flip up covers. I'll let ya have it for $150 if your interested. shot tons of grouse with it.
    great gun but I want to pick up one of those tiny little single shot bolt actions for my 4 year old to learn on. shoot me a pm if you're interested.
    "Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid."
    --John Wayne

Rem 597 is good sub 200. Semi Auto. A lot of bad reviews are based on the old "plastic clip" however it is no metal.
    The 30 round banana magazines are crap so don't buy those as an add-on.

Mine really likes CCI stingers and velociters.