Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Kuiu vs Sitka vs Kryptek vs First Lite

Re: Kuiu vs Sitka vs Kryptek vs First Lite

Quote Originally Posted by AgSilver View Post
    The best example of this is the "Wetskins" stuff from Costco...my skin is never wetter than when wearing their stuff...and it's not from the rain...0% breathable so I sweat like crazy in that stuff. Wear the Kuiu Yukon in the same conditions and, I might not stay dry (because I'm a fat, sweaty piece of crap), but nowhere near as sweat drenched as in the non-breathable stuff.
    It's crazy how quickly perspiration moisture can accumulate under rain gear! I don't sweat a lot compared to most people but if I'm slogging up a steep hill in rain gear, I still get lots of sweat build up. Even in gortex

What rain gear if kuiu did you have?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanshaw44 View Post
    What rain gear if kuiu did you have?
    I haven't owned any of the brands this thread is about, so I suppose this was a bit of a hi-jack but it applies to any waterproof breathable. They are all basically using a couple of technologies. Also the phenomenon I mentioned isn't one that everyone is aware of. When I saw people talking about leaking rain gear I thought I'd mention it. To answer you question, I've used MEC gortex gear, helly hansen, and others which I can't remember. Some are definitely more breathable but even the best will accumulate sweat condensation inside if you're sweating enough!

cheers,
    mike

What kuiu rain gear did you try?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter fisher View Post
    UPDATE

after starting this thread a couple years ago, i decided to go with kuiu rain gear and first lite thermal base layers

the first lite base layers are really nice, a little weak but very warm and comfortable and great odour control

the kuiu rain gear was great for the first couple days, then it ripped and started leaking. very weak in my opinion, got all scratched up just from the shin tangle. it looks heat, feels great, i love everything about it, just not very tough

hope this helps other buyers

I have kuiu and sitka. Sitka definitely seems to have a higher quality. My kuiu has developed some fuzzy pulls and snags. Sitka is more expensive for sure but I dont think you can go wrong with either brand.

Sitka Storm Front Set with merino under one of the best...
    and when not in mood for camo, I wear Arcteryx Leaf 2 Wolf Set and IMO is the best of the best)
    Religion is for people who fear Hell, Spirituality is for people who have been there...