Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kuiu vs Sitka vs Kryptek vs First Lite

Kuiu vs Sitka vs Kryptek vs First Lite

so arguabley these are the 4 most popular high end brands for clothing systems right now. im sure they are probably ford chevy dodge, but it would still be nice to have some insight and hear peoples personal experiences before dropping +1000 on some clothes.

anybody have personal preference through real world experience?

i realize you can get away with cheaper stuff, but id like to get a good quality merino layering system that i can take care of and keep for a long time

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kuiu vs Sitka vs Kryptek vs First Lite

Well I have some Sitka clothes, pants, a top and a thin puffy coat and love the stuff, it's top notch. I have fallen in love with Kuiu and will admit I have gone over board, but love it. I have an Icon 6000 frame and bag, a new Ultra 3000 frame and bag, gaiters, gloves, merino, early season pants and jacket(guide) and just ordered the Yukon pants and jacket and a bunch of little things. I almost feel like an idiot trying too hard to be fashionable but I work damn hard for what I buy and wanted to be comfortable as hell while I put in my time in the bush. Now that I've spent stupid amount of money on clothes and equipment I better break the 3year dry spell this fall!
    You just can't beat being warm, dry and comfy.

I was thinking of starting the same thread , im thinking if you could take the dam shipping thing kuiu would have my vote
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
    I was thinking of starting the same thread , I'm thinking if you could take the dam shipping thing kuiu would have my vote
    I just received an order worth $489 US, clothes, rain covers, roll top bag, bladder bag etc. Canada post showed up at my door, duty, and taxes were $59 Canadian, not too bad.

Send pnbrock a PM, he's was telling me a few things yesterday that I think you should hear. K

I use the
    Sitka Stratus Jacket, traverse longsleeve, stratus Bibs, stratus gloves and stratus toque. They are warm as hell and the wind does not go through them
    Sitka Downpour Pants and Jacket to go over them for when it is raining and its gore tex so I am toasty and completely dry
    I also have the sitka tool bucket for my go to bag since they are day trips in the field full of calls, rattlers, scents my lunch some first aid gear and my knives

I love the sitka gear and I like the forest camo pattern, not a huge fan of the Jetstream pattern because it is so light colored. I dont REALLY like the patterns KUIU uses but they are cool but having to pay shipping on top of the order and I don't want to order the wrong sizing and have to send stuff back and re order

I like the Sitka stuff I have and the Kuiu stuff my son has.

The Core4Element stuff I have is definitely second rate by comparison.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Geez that's not to bad at all thanks made my choice easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    I just received an order worth $489 US, clothes, rain covers, roll top bag, bladder bag etc. Canada post showed up at my door, duty, and taxes were $59 Canadian, not too bad.
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

I run mostly a full Kuiu kit. Still not sold on their packs, mostly in the sense that they change every year and are hard commit to an un proven product. I have used them and been happy but mostly grab my Mystery Ranch. I have their tent (so far so good but a few things I am sure will be tweaked in generation #2) and mostly all of my clothes are Kuiu. I have been very happy with them and have put them through lots of field testing in the last few years and they have held up. I had one small issue with gaitors and their CS was very fast and good.

Sitka is also quality from my experience and I prefer their optifade camo pattern but can't justify the extra price. I think the overall product is great I just feel I get more value from Kuiu.

No experience with the other brands.

PM me if you have any specific questions about the Kuiu stuff as I have used it quite a bit this summer.

Can anyone comment on warranty on the clothing lines? I just bought kryptek jacket...hope it lives up to their claims of waterproof-ness.

Thx