Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rackmastr's 2014 Sheep Hunt

Rackmastr's 2014 Sheep Hunt

Hey Guys,

Well...after debating whether or not to post this, I have decided that I love looking at pics online enough and hearing about other stories, that I had better bite the bullet, sit down and share a few pics of a hunt I just returned from. A lot of friends have seen the pics already on FB or email, so I hope to share a couple with the HBC crowd.

This year I made a serious commitment to my fitness and preparation for a Stones sheep hunt. After moving to BC back in 2012 I have chased some Kootenay area sheep and did a hike-in last year off the highway later season. Had a great time and just being able to chase thinhorns is something that I've cherished and a huge reason I moved to BC in the first place. I've hunted sheep in Alberta for about 10-12 years pretty seriously and always seemed to carry a monkey on my back whenever hunting sheep. Been on a few cool sheep hunts and helped some guys with rams, but its never worked out for me. A lot of learning, hard lessons, and a ton of cool experiences though!

Myself and hunting partner booked with Riverjet Adventures this year and planned a 2 week hunt. I wanted to have enough time to have zero regrets about this hunt and the time we had to get it done.

Day 6 (the day after my bday), we made it happen and I spotted this ram above camp in the shale. A stalk trough the poplars put me at 300 yards from him and an hour and a half of watching him through the spotting scope made me confident that I was looking at the type of ram that would represent the hard work and dedication I'd given to sheep hunting in the past. This ram would be the type of ram that I'd be proud to look at for years.

Sorry for the lack of a 'story' right now but here are some pics that highlight the trip for me. We met some amazing guys on the hunt (you know who you are) and cant say thanks enough and am glad to call them all friends now. Thanks guys. Thanks to my sheep hunting partner and to Kevin Willis for providing one hell of a fun and safe trip up and down the river. He is truly a professional and an all around great guy.

Here ya go....enjoy!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Rackmastr's 2014 Sheep Hunt

Nice work!! Congrats and thanks for sharing!!
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Nice one. Congrats

That is a beautiful ram. Congratulations!

That looks like one awesome dinner ! Thank you for posting . Beauty ram.

Wicked ram, nice cape on him.

Beauty dark heavy old ram ram! Sheep meat is easily my favourite backpacking hunt food. Congrats!
    Twist and pull.

Keep it rolling T! You are starting off the season with a bang...
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

That is a beautiful ram. Congrats!

nice one trev!