Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adams Lake Fishing

Adams Lake Fishing

Headed to Adams Lake for the first time this weekend (Bush Creek Site) to meet up with my sister and my parents. Likely just me and the kids fishing, trolling but no down riggers, 12' aluminium boat, 9.9 outboard etc... I've heard this lake can blow up pretty quick so we won't be venturing to far from camp or shore for that matter! Any advice appreciated. PM is fine. Kids have turned into fishing maniacs this summer so it would be cool to catch a couple. Thanks Chad
    They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans, laughed when they gave me amphetamines
    Left me alone in a mean part of town, 36 hrs to come back down...am I the last of my kind?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Adams Lake Fishing

if you have a fishfinder, you'll find lakers holding on bottom that you could jig for.
    I usually just fish it the same as other places.
    fly on type 8 sinking line.
    lure, apex or spoon, etc, with a 2 oz. weight 100' back.

I fished it years back to me early morning seemed best by about 1030 there wasn't much going on

Creek entering on the east side, forget how far up, fish there.
    One of the interiors best kept secret.
    If all else fails, enjoy your surroundings.
    Watch for game along the shore.
    Bring some binos..........and don't forget to go swimming.

If it's hot and balmy, you could try the east side over by the log booms. A lead core line would be beneficial for trolling spoons and plugs. A #3 FST comes to mind. If you do not have lead core, pick up a few slip weights of various weight, like 1 oz. up to 4 oz.
    BTW, it's deep over there, 400 to 600 feet. It shallows up a bit near the north end of the booms where you can see a break in the cliffs. It will be about 250-275'.
    If you happen to be over on the east side when it blows up, hug the shore and head to the south and beach it. Have someone take the ferry over to retrieve you. No sense scaring the crap out of the kids or yourself. 12 footers are fair weather boats.
    You may do well off Bush Creek to, kokanee might hang out just off the creek in which case burbot may cruise as well as lakers.
    Have fun, stay safe.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thanks for the replys guys. Got home last night from a pretty good weekend. Talked to a few people who fished the lake a lot up there and they all said fishing was slow. Still we were able to haul in 2 rainbows that were a couple pounds each so the kids were happy! Also lost a couple good ones over by the log booms not sure what they were but I'm thinking rainbows as they were a whole lot more than the kids could handle!! What a beautiful lake, we will heading back again soon that's for sure.
    They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans, laughed when they gave me amphetamines
    Left me alone in a mean part of town, 36 hrs to come back down...am I the last of my kind?

You will most likely see people casting a worm at the mouth of the creek. Me, I cross the lake and fish along the log booms. Or you can troll down towards the girl guide camp. It can get quite windy but I also have a 9.9 12ft and have never been too worried. When it is windy I tend to stay close to shore as it gets hard to keep the nose pointed straight ahead with the wind.

if you like the remoteness a little more, there's way better spots at the north end of the lake.
    and possibly some way bigger fish.....but I'm not tellin'.

Second deepest lake in BC at 1430'. Only surpassed by Quesenel Lake.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

and quesnel lake is a fjord also.