Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A crossbow is just like a gun right? NOT! Help lol

Re: A crossbow is just like a gun right? NOT! Help lol

So how did your bowhunting season go? Did you get one? Have fun? Get new scope?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Lol don't get attached to arrows they often go to live with god
    I wondered where they went, I was hoping the went to hell, then I wound't have worry about having arrows after I die.

Have a look at the Excalibur web site on how to uncock a bow. Also try YouTube.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

You will want to find out how to 'decock' it. When you are hunting you don't want to have to fire a broad head off just to uncock it, and it is against game regulations to transport a crossbow in a vehicle while cocked.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool

The Barnett crossbows come stock with a Cross scope and are notorious for having a floating zero.....I know I went through the same thing. Frustrated the living hell out of me until I tracked down
    the information on a crossbow forum. I replaced mine with a Hawke XB1 and can hit a dime at 40 yards....every time. Make sure that you use only one arrow when sighting in your crossbow as the stock
    Barnett Headhunters that come with the bow are not spined correctly and will drive you mental when trying to sight in your scope. A couple more things....shorten your rope cocking aid to fit properly...there is a you tube video that
    shows how to do it. If you don't have a rope cocking aid...or crank cocking aid...get one. Otherwise you are at the mercy of your own pull and if off by a 1/16 of an inch will throw your arrows off. Check your nocks regularly for rotation if
    not aligned with the cock fletch correctly you can damage your crossbow and the arrow will go wild. I speak from experience on this one as well. DO NOT try to un-cock your crossbow by any other means other than by shooting it. If it
    dry fires it can severely damage your bow....and you. I ordered new arrows (SSAS) and use the Headhunters now as my un-loading arrows. I made my own shooting target out of old clothes and it works extremely well and avoids having
    to shoot it into the dirt.

against game regulations to transport a crossbow in a vehicle while cocked.
    Why would a cross bow being cocked and no bolt in it be against the law?

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    Why would a cross bow being cocked and no bolt in it be against the law?
    Page 15 #25 - It is unlawful - to carry a cocked crossbow in or on a vehicle...

simple thing to decock using a cocking aid (rope).
    Better a sister in a w#ore house....then a brother with a mathews .