Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Side by Side or beefed up Samurai/Sidekick

Side by Side or beefed up Samurai/Sidekick

What would you rather have and why? My buddy can't decide between a 12000$ sidebyside or 4000$ sidekick that's loaded with off-road accessories (winch, skid plate, mudtires, lift etc) I don't want to be biased as to what I have, so he can read this thread and make his own decision. Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Side by Side or beefed up Samurai/Sidekick

Well I got the tracker .hardtop winch lift kit etc.
    Saved alot of dollars over the sxs because I kept the doors, roof, heater, stereo etc. And the biggy its street legal. Lol
    I've hunted in a sxs and quad. All my buddies do.
    Decided on the tracker last year. Now I have buddies that want to ride shotgun all time.

My tracker makes day trips super easy.
    Week long trips in the bush with buddies , and you wake up in the morning with sub zero weather and a bit of snow and all the guys have quads and sxs and i'm warming up my tracker and climbing in with a coffee. and turning on the heater all the other guys give me the i'm number one with there finger??? and fighting for the passenger seat...
    Last edited by GotaGun; 08-22-2014 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GotaGun View Post
    Well I got the tracker .hardtop winch lift kit etc.
    Saved alot of dollars over the sxs because I kept the doors roof heater stereo etc. And the biggy its street legal. Lol
    I've hunted in a sxs and quad. All my buddies do.
    Decided on the tracker laat year. Now I have buddies that want to ride shotgun all time.
    X2 on this but some people say you can go in a tracker anywhere you can in a side by side, this I cannot agree to unless you have some very serious up grades,that would likely make the tracker not road legal

They each have there own advantages and you've listed most of them above for the Tracker/Sidekick.

It totally depends what your idea of use is. There is a particular road we use to access a hillside in late November for Mulies, you will not get in and out of there with a Tracker in the snow and ice. Actually you may get in but you won't get out. The hillside is about a 90 minute hike off the quads...about a 3 hour hike without them. I don't know if anybody has been over the Hurley FSR out of Pemberton lately but its a mess...45 mins on a quad took me close to 2 hrs in my pickup last weekend.
    They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans, laughed when they gave me amphetamines
    Left me alone in a mean part of town, 36 hrs to come back down...am I the last of my kind?

My vote goes tracker.. I have one, as do 4 of my buddies. Quads? SxS's are fun but a tracker/sidekick makes life so easy. Buy yourself a tracker for fairly inexpensive, I picked mine up for $2200, Low Range off road sells a budget 2" suspension lift kit with shocks for $300. Put a set of Hockey pucks on the cab mounts to lift the body an inch for tire clearance. Slap a set of 31x10x15 MT tires on it and you are all set. A good set of bumpers and a winch wouldnt hurt either.

this looks like it's off sunset main

I would think the decision is a no-brainer.
    $4000 vs $12000.
    think of all the things one could do with that other $8000.
    I'll stick with my quad though, I hardly even use it that much as I prefer hiking.
    i'll use it pretty much just to get to certain areas.

does anyone know the differences/comparisons between the sidekicks and the trackers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
    does anyone know the differences/comparisons between the sidekicks and the trackers?
    Trackers have no power steering, slight interior differences, All trackers have 1.6L engines vs early trackers had 1.3Ls Other than the cosmetics they are the same

A couple years ago, ran into a bunch of guy's up hunting and I have never seen such perfectly matched camo. They arrived at camp fully decked out then proceeded to unload the bright yellow 15,000 dollar side by side that they would be hunting in. When they headed out in the morning, I checked the reg's and sure enough they were breaking the rules.