Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts

Re: Your thoughts

One disadvantage to the signs is that it may generate problems. Education is good but people who never thought about someone hunting the area and suddenly become aware of it may start an anti driven "campaign". So...some thought needed as to best strategy and when. There is no such thing as one solution for all circumstances. My humble opinion for what its worth...goes up once there is a controversy.
    aka...THE MOOSE WHISPERER

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Kelly it's never a 'bite' when someone is passionate enough to defend OUR way of way of life. People need to stand up for their heritage loud and proud even if it's against a TROLL
    Maybe get your partner to walk over and straighten him out!! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    I thought you were starting some club or something, why don't ya starting hunting first then after a few years if ya think we need something have atter! Jmho, K
    FYI:
    I have been hunting and fishing for over 40 years. So yes I have been out there.
    There was not a lot of interest in starting a new club.
    Maybe you should get off you high horse before responding to posts. I was simply asking for everyone's thoughts. Not asking for anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmullmar View Post
    Yes I'm in the Lower Mainland. For those of you who are in smaller cities where you can just find a more private place I envy you. I have yet to hunt down here due to the amount of people using the same areas as me. Thought the sign might just give them a heads up, so not to give them a heart attach when a round of gun fire goes off close to them
    Forgive me for misinterpreting what you said, I will still stand by what I said. How do you know that we have a problem?? I'm off my high horse now, cheers!! K

With the areas we are allowed to hunt in getting smaller, our rights getting less and less, we can't even have a gun show in Surrey for crying out loud, or any more gun shops. Pitt Marsh only open Wednesdays, Saturday and Sundays. It wasn't always that way. All we hear in the news is anti hunting. I just feel that we need to let people know what we are doing is not against the law, we have the legal right to be there and doing what we are doing. We are not blood thirsty, murderers who kill for the sake of killing (well most of us anyway )
    I'm getting tired of seeing our rights being taken away, by people who don't understand. Our voice needs to be herd, but no one wants to hear it.
    I think everyone should be able to enjoy nature. Wether you hunt , bird watch or walk the dykes. I feel if people knew there was hunting allowed in the area, it would make it better for everyone.

I like your enthusiasm, I just haven't had many issues with the public. More to do with where I hunt I guess. Cheers K

if any of you would like to see your hunting heritage continue ,I suggest you form a hunting committee within your town or municipality. if you would like a guideline to do this ,we have had a hunting committee in delta for many years and it works well.in fact we have even got some areas reopened to hunting. .now is time to put up or shut up....fowl

fowl is absolutely correct on his post!!

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    The MOE actually put up some signs informing the public, about hunting activity in the Cowichan estuary! It doesn't seem to work very well???
    Either we have some of the densest people on the planet here, or they don't comprehend the English language at all. I suspect the real reason is their minds are already made up ,regarding hunting. The signs are either pulled down or obscured with spray paint!! I used to ignore the insults hurled at us
    by the "bunny huggers" and local "birders"!! In my old age I give back as good as I get. Reasoning with an ignoramus' is not an option anymore.
    I've given our local CO a heads-up, that I want charges laid against any harassment directed at us during our legal seasonal activities??
    We'll see how it plays out this campaign? Cheers ---Field Marshal.
    We are of the same mindset up here now a days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    We are of the same mindset up here now a days.
    Ditto 'Gentleman'
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.