Thread: Geese in the LML, where to focus?

Geese in the LML, where to focus?

So got home today and checked my messages, looks like I will be up north for the for the duck season so it is Goose for me. I am not looking for anyone's honey holes, but just want to know which of the big 4 (Brunswick point, Boundary Bay, Pitt Polder, or the Fraser Valley) would be better to focus my scouting? I have a few duck holes, but most of the geese I have taken have been incidental and, obviously, in the second or third opening. I am not very familiar with the early season. I have heard it can be difficult but chance favours the prepared. I have access to decoys, a paddle boat and a blind. Thanks for the help!
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Geese in the LML, where to focus?

Scouting is the key and I'm not referring to on the net. Put on the miles and put in the time, you need to spot and pattern them.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Re: Geese in the LML, where to focus?

I'd love to help, but I'm in the same situation as you, I've found in my experience that patterning the birds is important as they take different ways every year.