Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm trying to think of ways to cook up Deer steak

Re: I'm trying to think of ways to cook up Deer steak

Quote Originally Posted by elkguide
    simple marinade I always use.....can of beer, 2 oz of good brandy,splash in worcheshter sauce, a bit of vinager, some garlic ( fresh and crushed), montreal steak spice and olive oil. Add water to cover meat then let sit 24-36 hours. MMMMMMMMelts in your mouth.
    I'll try this tomorrow sounds good to me! Thanks
    Always remember the rear end you kick today may be the one you need to kiss tomorrow.

Kids that hunt and fish don't grow up to rob little old ladies!

Got this recipe from the field and stream website: http://www.fieldandstream.com/fields...452897,00.html

Works with moose very well and beef. Although I'm not a fan of beef.

Can use the following 'recipe' with any type of meat -- for steak cut in palm sized pieces and brown. Season meat while browning (don't worry about cooking through) -- When all meat browned, set aside and add mushroom soup to pan -- mix to gather up bits from browning -- add sliced onions, garlic, celery, mushrooms if desired (we usually always put in lots of onion) -- put meat in a casserole dish, cover with mushroom soup mix (season soup mix too -- don't forget the fresh ground pepper) and mix gently to make sure all sides of meat are coated. Place in oven from 275 to 350 (depending how long you are going to cook it!) --can also do this in the slow cooker, in a cast iron dutch oven, in an electric fry pan --- the longer you cook this the more tender the meat is---remember to cook LOTS as you might want leftovers!! I've never found anyone who does not LOVE this! Great served with noodles, rice or mash potatoes! Is a great winter recipe! (oh hell, it's great anytime of year!) Enjoy!

Just rub in some garlic and some montreal steak spice and sear them on a hot grill just long enough to grill mark them. Blue to rare and they have the best flavours and tender.

One of my favorites is:

Cut the steaks really thick, that way you can get a good hard sear on both sides, and yet remain rare/med. rare.

Make a simple marinade out of red wine, crushed garlic and a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Marinate the steaks overnight.

An hour before grilling, take the steaks out of the marinade and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Leave them out of the fridge for at least an hour to reach room temperature.

Have your BBQ as hot as you can. Season the meat and grill until done to your likeness, hopefully not past med. rare. Just a minute before they are done, melt a couple slabs of blue cheese on them.

Serve with grilled vegetables, baked potato, garlic bread, and a nice bottle of Shiraz or Merlot.

Heaven.

Pete

Mix up:

China lily soya sauce
    Louisiana hot sauce
    Sesame oil

Throw in your steaks and let em soak. Then BBQ.... MMMMMMM GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by VanIsle
    One of my favorites is:

Cut the steaks really thick, that way you can get a good hard sear on both sides, and yet remain rare/med. rare.

Make a simple marinade out of red wine, crushed garlic and a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Marinate the steaks overnight.

An hour before grilling, take the steaks out of the marinade and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Leave them out of the fridge for at least an hour to reach room temperature.

Have your BBQ as hot as you can. Season the meat and grill until done to your likeness, hopefully not past med. rare. Just a minute before they are done, melt a couple slabs of blue cheese on them.

Serve with grilled vegetables, baked potato, garlic bread, and a nice bottle of Shiraz or Merlot.

Heaven.

Pete

This sound awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can bet I will try this one !
    Blktail

If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

What is the best way to cook up deer chops? I have a whole bunch of these chops but I have no idea whats the best way to do em up to get all the good flavours, Any I deas?

I find deer chops one of the easiest and most delicious things to cook. Give the chops a light coating of olive oil, heavily sprinkle your favorite spices on it (montreal steak spice, or italian seasoning or WHY) and BBQ or Grill to Medium rare.
    Tastes better than prime rib at the Keg everytime

beer + deer = good meal.