Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I'm trying to think of ways to cook up Deer steak

Re: I'm trying to think of ways to cook up Deer steak

An hour before grilling, take the steaks out of the marinade and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Leave them out of the fridge for at least an hour to reach room temperature.
    the most important and commonly overlooked step weather roasting or grilling, not exactly food safe but the results are dramatically better.
    I have to agree. When I was going to school, I worked in a relatively decent restaurant that was well known for serving great steaks. The chefs there told me that tempering the steak was one of the most important things to do before cooking. The next most important thing to do besides not overcook your steak is to let it rest after cooking.

There are some good ideas here for doing up a steak, I'll have to give some a try.
    That said, I've tried the mushroom soup trick years ago, but boiling my steak in soup just doesn't cut it for me.

Re: I'm trying to think of ways to cook up Deer steak

Quote Originally Posted by betteroffishing View Post
    try grilling to very rare searing both sides, then top with a tbsp of red pepper jelly and a tsp of nice blue cheese and broil on the low rack of oven till the top is nice and messy, delish.

Ohhh.... this, I will be trying RSN (real-soon-now).
    "...the truth will make you free." John 8:32