Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Malahat 3-D yay or nay?

Re: Malahat 3-D yay or nay?

I just talked to Martin. The course is all set up and ready to go. I wasn't able to make it up there but I belive Doug from Vic bowman cama and helped set up. I will see you guys up there tomorrow. Don't forget I think its Timechange tonight...Spring ahead.
    Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

Uh Oh A wee bit o' rain this mornin' I hope nobody lets this keep them home. It is the wet coast after all. See ou there...
    Steve.
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.

That was fun!! Thanks to Bowsitter and RonC for showing me the ropes. I have learned two important lessons from today's shoot... first, I need to get contacts to wear when hunting as I am so sick of my glasses fogging up!!! Second, don't try to squeeze your arrow too close to the trees... broke an arrow and messed up my score... errrr.

I shot a 152 which I understand is okay for a first timer. What is considered really good?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

One shooter who shall remain nameless shot a 396 out of a total of 400. One eight in the morning and one in the afternoon.
    Now that is good!!
    (i could only wish it was me)
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

Well I did pretty good for me in the morning. Then the afternoon came and even my form was "soggy" to quote Nails. Martin and Doug laid out a good shoot with a few challenging shots. The new targets were nice to shoot as well. I had fun anyway it was nice to get out rain or no rain.
    Steve.
    Oh and it was nice to meet Hermit out for his first shoot.

Real good shooting Hermit. It was nice to see you out there shooting with us. I hope that there will be many more shoots that we attend together. 152 on your morning round was excellent. I have been shooting a few years, and on a bad round, I still shoot under 152. 396/400 is phenomenal. He who remains without name is capable of shooting 400 at local shoots without counting "x" rings as 12. I would consider him a national class shooter. Bochunk 2000 shot really well considering the soggy conditions. He has consistently shot better scores. Nails is a finger shooter which is an art in itself. More important than the score is the friendships that are made, not to mention the exchange of ideas and stories. Welcome aboard. Puppychow.
    Last edited by puppychow; 03-11-2007 at 06:47 PM.
    GOOD FRIENDS TO HUNT WITH, FRESH AIR TO BREATH, THE B.C. OUTDOORS, BIG GAME AND BROADHEADS, WHAT A LIFE. MAY THE DESTINATION OF YOUR PROJECTILES REACH YOUR DESIRED POINT AND YOUR NEXT HARVEST BEST YOUR BEST TO DATE.

Glad to meet you Hermit, ya I know what you mean about the glasses fogging up, (that is a real good excuse to use on future shoots).

Good to shoot again with you guys Bochuch and Puppy!!!
    Todd