Bow Hunting Season

Guys
    Bow only season: Can I use a crossbow?
    Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Bow Hunting Season

Yes you can.
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

Nope...... Crossbow is not allowed and illegal. Plus there ment for sissys.

Yes, In BC you can.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by bc_buckshot View Post
    Nope...... Crossbow is not allowed and illegal. Plus there ment for sissys.
    LOL... What about the old guys with worn out shoulders that can't use a real bow anymore... I'm sure I will be joining that group eventually after having had a couple broken collar bones now, one which was never reset properly thanks to our genius doctors... It already clicks and pops and feels pretty sore after a day of shooting the compound bow...

If my shoulders get that sore that I couldn't make a low poundage bow with 80 percent let-off work for me I would probably throw in the towel. Every crossbow I have picked up is heavy as hell and I don't think they hold an advantage over a newer compound bow.

Quote Originally Posted by steveo View Post
    If my shoulders get that sore that I couldn't make a low poundage bow with 80 percent let-off work for me I would probably throw in the towel. Every crossbow I have picked up is heavy as hell and I don't think they hold an advantage over a newer compound bow.
    No, but they are easier on the shoulder as you don't have to hold it drawn, it does it for you, also you can use a rest or bipod/tripod to help hold it up and steady, and last but not least there are mechanisms to assist in cocking like the pulley string things or even the hand cranks. I have been trying to get my dad to shoot crossbow so he can join me in archery season.

Quote Originally Posted by russm86 View Post
    LOL... What about the old guys with worn out shoulders that can't use a real bow anymore... I'm sure I will be joining that group eventually after having had a couple broken collar bones now, one which was never reset properly thanks to our genius doctors... It already clicks and pops and feels pretty sore after a day of shooting the compound bow...
    When you pass a certain age in life, you are exempt from the sissyness and everything is legal i guess.

Yes you are but don't let anybody know cuz we've all got an opinion. Hahahaha Make sure the story say wooden stick bow you fashioned yourself with one hand cuz the deer bit off yer other one. Just havin fun...
    It's better to pass on a shot that you wish later you took, then to take a shot and wish later you didn't.