Thread: Cluxewe River

Cluxewe River

Anybody fish this river or the sea in front of it? I will be camping up that way in early Sept. Not sure if any salmon will still be running in that area then.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Cluxewe River

Tail end of the pinks and some coho will be showing up along the beach. Also, fishing off Lady Ellen Pt can be good for coho on a flood tide.

if you have a small boat or can fish off the beach with waders, and are up for a small road trip, head over to Rupert Arm at the head of Quatsino for some pretty good coho fishing.

Good luck

Cheers

SS
    Last edited by Sitkaspruce; 08-20-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Early September for Coho's. Humpies should be done and stinky by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Tail end of the pinks and some coho will be showing up along the beach. Also, fishing off Lady Ellen Pt can be good for coho on a flood tide.

if you have a small boat or can fish off the beach with waders, and are up for a small road trip, head over to Rupert Arm at the head of Quatsino for some pretty good coho fishing.

Good luck

Cheers

SS
    Happy birthday Sitkaspruce!Enjoy!

Cool thanks

Just got back. Aug 29. Never seen so many pinks. The entire length of the beach is hopping with pinks. Amazingly some are still ocean bright. I also manages to catch a couple of coho mingling amongst the black swarms of humpies.

A fellow I know's been camping there every year for a long time and he said this was by far the best year for pinks. Was through Pt Hardy today there's a slough of them there still too.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Every year when there are good numbers of pinks in the Clux, some nice halibut are taken fishing shallow using pinks for bait.. One guy I know filleted his pinks and used the frames for hali bait and he did very well

Quote Originally Posted by Opinionated Ol Phart View Post
    Every year when there are good numbers of pinks in the Clux, some nice halibut are taken fishing shallow using pinks for bait.. One guy I know filleted his pinks and used the frames for hali bait and he did very well
    Cool, good idea but makes sense !
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

We used a big circle hook, pink salmon head and just bounced along the bottom in 50-80' of water. The biggest problem is the weather, the tides and wind can play havoc with your gear and fishing.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!