Thread: A little flyfishing with the head-cam

A little flyfishing with the head-cam

The camera always seems to be an after-thought when I'm out enjoying myself, but over the last few weeks I have been trying to make a point of getting the cameras rolling to capture moments that I can enjoy a second time around. It will be nice to re-live some of the summer flyfishing experiences in first-person HD on the SmartTV during the winter months. I thought I'd share a few:

Hoping to have some more fishing videos over the next few weeks and some great hunting videos after the season starts

2. Site Sponsor

Re: A little flyfishing with the head-cam

That's pretty cool.
    I use to film snowmobiling all the time. It was always such a hassle to pull the cam out or slow down enough to film anything. but it was always so rewarding when you would sit down and watch or edit the footage.
    Looking back on it now I'm so glad I did. I documented many great moments of my life and many of my friends life's.
    Team Toyota
    Hoyt rampage xt
    husky 30-06

Nice. Looking forward to more in the future.

Good stuff caddisguy, keep them coming.

Quote Originally Posted by kilometers View Post
    That's pretty cool.
    I use to film snowmobiling all the time. It was always such a hassle to pull the cam out or slow down enough to film anything. but it was always so rewarding when you would sit down and watch or edit the footage.
    Looking back on it now I'm so glad I did. I documented many great moments of my life and many of my friends life's.
    Yeah, I think we have all missed out on preserving some memories because of the hassle factor. Whether it's bringing in that big fish, or having a close encounter with a bear, camera is often the last thing we think of. I would have loved to have had my "misfire on bear at 7 yards" incident recorded. If I had a head cam on, it could have happened. Just the other day while I was out hiking, I can across a bunch of North American Alligator lizards, but I hadn't bothered to take the camera out of the Jeep. Missed out on a rubber boa snake too.

I'm getting better at making the effort though. Between the head-cam, dashcam, regular cam and trail cams along with the effort, I'm getting more footage and having fun going over it in the short term. In the long term it's great too... I remember things I did, but my visual memory fades really quickly and I can't picture it in my head to replay it with any accuracy. The digital age makes up for that little handicap.

Here's some cool underwater footage from 4 years ago when I had a waterproof handheld camera. The camera I'm using for a headcam is also waterproof, so I'm going to try and get some more of these before hunting starts:

awesome footage! thanks for sharing!

Is all that footage from the skagit? I'm guessing so. When I lived in Van I spent a few years fishing there quite a bit, I would camp there on the weekends. With all the fishing I have done I have few fishing memories that are as beautiful as the memories given to me by that place. There's just something about those lush green river banks and the colour of that water, and it's absolute peacefullness. Thanks for sharing, it has brought back great memories

Quote Originally Posted by hookedonblacktails View Post
    Is all that footage from the skagit? I'm guessing so. When I lived in Van I spent a few years fishing there quite a bit, I would camp there on the weekends. With all the fishing I have done I have few fishing memories that are as beautiful as the memories given to me by that place. There's just something about those lush green river banks and the colour of that water, and it's absolute peacefullness. Thanks for sharing, it has brought back great memories
    I've been fishing that river for about 15 years. I have so many great memories too and when I think of beauty and serenity, the Skagit river comes to mind, but more specifically the good old days. The valley has it's problems now with high traffic and garbage though. I will be organizing a Spring 2015 cleanup, but that will be another thread, as I don't want to derail my own thread with the clean-up stuff.

I'll have some new videos in this thread in a week or two, hopefully with some good underwater footage. Might add a few pictures to this thread in the mean time