Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5-15 moose

Re: 5-15 moose

yes, there is a set of waterfalls upstream of the Horsefly Rec Site. I would also expect to find that the upper reaches would be narrow and possibly full of sweepers and jams. I would take the canoe along on your hunt, and use it to check out some of the lakes West of Crooked instead.

If you wanted to float the section below the Horsefly Rec site, then that would be more feasible, but then you get into a ton of private property as the river flattens out.

xpeier

xpeier
    can you tell me more or less where the waterfall is?
    Thanks

DLP, approximately 3.3km upstream of the Horsefly River Rec Site as the river flows, or 2.8km from the Jct of the 100rd and the 500rd (bit of a pull out and a small sign)

xpeier

Thanks a lot

We had a draw up there last year, and it was stinkin' hot the whole time. I pushed a lot of bush on foot down through the swampy land and drove a lot of roads. There is a lot of old moose poop, but from sept. 9-28 I saw 2 piles of fresh, and 2 cows. The moose are undoubtedly there, but hope for some cold weather or the buggers will be so deep in the thick, thick bush that you won't have a hope of seeing them.

The real PO was a couple of guys just the other side of the road in 5-02 got 2 in a week in their MU...

Can someone update me a bit here? Heard from a local there arent many moose around in september that they just 'winter' here. Is this BS or am i wasting my time up there next week??

Get moosin! You don,t get them sitting around the house.

Hmm phone call avomplished..hopefully helpful..
    Cheers
    Srupp